Exchange 2000 agent - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exchange 2000 agent - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have Exchange 2000 installed. Exchange created an M: drive on the server that I believe is the web store because the name of the folder is our domain name. When I try and back this drive up, Backup Exec ...

  1. Exchange 2000 agent

    We have Exchange 2000 installed. Exchange created an M: drive on the server
    that I believe is the web store because the name of the folder is our domain
    name. When I try and back this drive up, Backup Exec fails. Do I need to
    back this drive up or is this drive a mirror of one of the stores?

    Thanks,
    Jeff

  2. Re: Exchange 2000 agent

    Don't backup the M: drive. The following is from
    microsoft.public.exchange.admin

    > As the M: drive is a virtual drive, backing it up causes all sorts of

    havoc;

    --
    Charles Villa

    http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm
    Please keep discussions in the newsgroup.

    "Jeff Walzer" wrote in message

    > We have Exchange 2000 installed. Exchange created an M: drive on the

    server
    > that I believe is the web store because the name of the folder is our

    domain
    > name. When I try and back this drive up, Backup Exec fails. Do I need to
    > back this drive up or is this drive a mirror of one of the stores?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jeff

  3. Re: Exchange 2000 agent

    It is not recommended to back up the web store drve
    to tell the truth u most not back it up or run an antiviruse scan on that
    drive
    theres an MS artical on it some where in the knowlage base but im to laesy
    post it

    > We have Exchange 2000 installed. Exchange created an M: drive on the

    server
    > that I believe is the web store because the name of the folder is our

    domain
    > name. When I try and back this drive up, Backup Exec fails. Do I need to
    > back this drive up or is this drive a mirror of one of the stores?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jeff

+ Reply to Thread