too many directories backed up - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on too many directories backed up - Veritas Backup Exec ; When i select a single directory to backup, Backup Exec adds a few directories to the set. and then when i restore a single directory, the "Extra" directories are restored too. I have check for cross-linked files and reinstalled Backup ...

  1. too many directories backed up

    When i select a single directory to backup, Backup Exec adds a few directories
    to the set. and then when i restore a single directory, the "Extra" directories
    are restored too.
    I have check for cross-linked files and reinstalled Backup Exec.

    The server is NT 4 with SP 6 and Backup Exec version 8.5
    Can anybody help ??? please

  2. Re: too many directories backed up

    Are these directories the sub directories of the directory you are trying to
    restore? If yes, did you try to go in and unselecting them?

    "Louis Brazer" wrote in message

    > When i select a single directory to backup, Backup Exec adds a few

    directories
    > to the set. and then when i restore a single directory, the "Extra"

    directories
    > are restored too.
    > I have check for cross-linked files and reinstalled Backup Exec.
    >
    > The server is NT 4 with SP 6 and Backup Exec version 8.5
    > Can anybody help ??? please

+ Reply to Thread