How many Library Expansion Option needed in SAN? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on How many Library Expansion Option needed in SAN? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi all, We have a SAN based backup. There are two TL892 which have a total of four tape drives, and four W2K servers. We use Backup Exec NSE 8.5. We've order 3 additional Library Expansion Options, is it enough? ...

  1. How many Library Expansion Option needed in SAN?

    Hi all,

    We have a SAN based backup. There are two TL892 which have a total of four
    tape drives, and four W2K servers. We use Backup Exec NSE 8.5. We've order
    3 additional Library Expansion Options, is it enough? Or we have to order 3
    options for EACH SERVER?

    Thanks a lot.

    Regards,

    Albert.

  2. Re: How many Library Expansion Option needed in SAN?

    My understanding, and what we went on to purchase licenses for the new SAN
    we are building, is that you need one library expansion option PER drive
    in a library for every drive above the first one. Furthermore, the LEO is
    only required on the MASTER backup server. So, in your situation, I believe
    you are correct in guessing that you need 3 LEO's.

    "Albert Law" wrote:
    >Hi all,
    >
    >We have a SAN based backup. There are two TL892 which have a total of four
    >tape drives, and four W2K servers. We use Backup Exec NSE 8.5. We've order
    >3 additional Library Expansion Options, is it enough? Or we have to order

    3
    >options for EACH SERVER?
    >
    >Thanks a lot.
    >
    >Regards,