Does anyone know what this means? and how to fix. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Does anyone know what this means? and how to fix. - Veritas Backup Exec ; ----- TapeAlert Events ----- Information Changer for Device: QUANTUM 1 (SNARF) The security mode of the library has been changed. The library has either been put into secure mode, or the library has exited the secure mode. This is for ...

  1. Does anyone know what this means? and how to fix.

    ----- TapeAlert Events -----

    Information
    Changer for Device: QUANTUM 1 (SNARF)
    The security mode of the library has been changed.
    The library has either been put into secure mode, or the library has exited
    the secure mode.
    This is for information purposes only. No action is required.

    Warning
    Changer for Device: QUANTUM 1 (SNARF)
    A library operation has been attempted that is invalid at this time.

    Warning
    Changer for Device: QUANTUM 1 (SNARF)
    Library security has been compromised

  2. Re: Does anyone know what this means? and how to fix.

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/229854.htm

    John wrote:

    > ----- TapeAlert Events -----
    >
    > Information
    > Changer for Device: QUANTUM 1 (SNARF)
    > The security mode of the library has been changed.
    > The library has either been put into secure mode, or the library has exited
    > the secure mode.
    > This is for information purposes only. No action is required.
    >
    > Warning
    > Changer for Device: QUANTUM 1 (SNARF)
    > A library operation has been attempted that is invalid at this time.
    >
    > Warning
    > Changer for Device: QUANTUM 1 (SNARF)
    > Library security has been compromised

  3. Re: Does anyone know what this means? and how to fix.

    "John " wrote:

    >----- TapeAlert Events -----
    >
    >Information
    >Changer for Device: QUANTUM 1 (SNARF)
    >The security mode of the library has been changed.
    >The library has either been put into secure mode, or the library has exited
    >the secure mode.
    >This is for information purposes only. No action is required.
    >
    >Warning
    >Changer for Device: QUANTUM 1 (SNARF)
    >A library operation has been attempted that is invalid at this time.
    >
    >Warning
    >Changer for Device: QUANTUM 1 (SNARF)
    >Library security has been compromised

    You have probably figured this out by now, but...

    I had an HP SureStore giving the same error. I went into the configuration
    panel of the libarary itself and reset it to the factory defaults. This
    cleared up the error for me.

  4. Re: Does anyone know what this means? and how to fix.

    "T Musgrave" wrote:

    >"John " wrote:
    >>
    >>----- TapeAlert Events -----
    >>
    >>Information
    >>Changer for Device: QUANTUM 1 (SNARF)
    >>The security mode of the library has been changed.
    >>The library has either been put into secure mode, or the library has exited
    >>the secure mode.
    >>This is for information purposes only. No action is required.
    >>
    >>Warning
    >>Changer for Device: QUANTUM 1 (SNARF)
    >>A library operation has been attempted that is invalid at this time.
    >>
    >>Warning
    >>Changer for Device: QUANTUM 1 (SNARF)
    >>Library security has been compromised

    >You have probably figured this out by now, but...
    >
    >I had an HP SureStore giving the same error. I went into the configuration
    >panel of the libarary itself and reset it to the factory defaults. This
    >cleared up the error for me.

  5. Re: Does anyone know what this means? and how to fix.

    "T Musgrave" wrote:

    >"John " wrote:
    >>
    >>----- TapeAlert Events -----
    >>
    >>Information
    >>Changer for Device: QUANTUM 1 (SNARF)
    >>The security mode of the library has been changed.
    >>The library has either been put into secure mode, or the library has exited
    >>the secure mode.
    >>This is for information purposes only. No action is required.
    >>
    >>Warning
    >>Changer for Device: QUANTUM 1 (SNARF)
    >>A library operation has been attempted that is invalid at this time.
    >>
    >>Warning
    >>Changer for Device: QUANTUM 1 (SNARF)
    >>Library security has been compromised

    >You have probably figured this out by now, but...
    >
    >I had an HP SureStore giving the same error. I went into the configuration
    >panel of the libarary itself and reset it to the factory defaults. This
    >cleared up the error for me.

  6. Re: Does anyone know what this means? and how to fix.

    First of all, sorry about the multiple post ;-)

    I guess it worked because you cleared the administration password by doing
    this ???

    Kevin

    "T Musgrave" wrote:

    >"John " wrote:
    >>
    >>----- TapeAlert Events -----
    >>
    >>Information
    >>Changer for Device: QUANTUM 1 (SNARF)
    >>The security mode of the library has been changed.
    >>The library has either been put into secure mode, or the library has exited
    >>the secure mode.
    >>This is for information purposes only. No action is required.
    >>
    >>Warning
    >>Changer for Device: QUANTUM 1 (SNARF)
    >>A library operation has been attempted that is invalid at this time.
    >>
    >>Warning
    >>Changer for Device: QUANTUM 1 (SNARF)
    >>Library security has been compromised

    >You have probably figured this out by now, but...
    >
    >I had an HP SureStore giving the same error. I went into the configuration
    >panel of the libarary itself and reset it to the factory defaults. This
    >cleared up the error for me.

+ Reply to Thread