Can't backup MaxAttach storage device - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Can't backup MaxAttach storage device - Veritas Backup Exec ; Everytime I try to backup the Max4000 I get this in the log file. BE8.5 Unable to attach to \\MAX4000 Access is denied. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Unable to attach to \\MAX4000 ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Remote Agent ...

  1. Can't backup MaxAttach storage device

    Everytime I try to backup the Max4000 I get this in the log file. BE8.5

    Unable to attach to \\MAX4000
    Access is denied.

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Unable to attach to \\MAX4000
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 is incompatible with the Backup Engine.
    Please upgrade the Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000.

  2. Re: Can't backup MaxAttach storage device

    Access is denied is ALWAYS an NT rights problem.

    Try this
    stop all BENT services
    delete the BEWIMUI.UNI file from the \NT directory
    restart BENT

    You'll have to re-enter all cached user-id/password info foir all backup
    jobs

    Phil Smith wrote:

    > Everytime I try to backup the Max4000 I get this in the log file. BE8.5
    >
    > Unable to attach to \\MAX4000
    > Access is denied.
    >
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > Unable to attach to \\MAX4000
    > ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 is incompatible with the Backup Engine.
    > Please upgrade the Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000.

  3. Re: Can't backup MaxAttach storage device

    Is there a way to automate this re-entering of cached info?

    >You'll have to re-enter all cached user-id/password info foir all backup
    >jobs
    >
    >Phil Smith wrote:
    >
    >> Everytime I try to backup the Max4000 I get this in the log file. BE8.5
    >>
    >> Unable to attach to \\MAX4000
    >> Access is denied.
    >>
    >> ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >> Unable to attach to \\MAX4000
    >> ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    >> Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 is incompatible with the Backup Engine.
    >> Please upgrade the Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000.

  4. Re: Can't backup MaxAttach storage device

    Not that I know of. Once the cache file gets corrupted, yoy need to re-enter
    the info for each machine/share/database/whatever.

    You could always take a flat file copy of the cache file (BEWINUI.UNI in the
    ....\BackupExec\NT directory), once you get it back and populated again

    Alan Luke wrote:

    > Is there a way to automate this re-entering of cached info?
    >
    > >You'll have to re-enter all cached user-id/password info foir all backup
    > >jobs
    > >
    > >Phil Smith wrote:
    > >
    > >> Everytime I try to backup the Max4000 I get this in the log file. BE8.5
    > >>
    > >> Unable to attach to \\MAX4000
    > >> Access is denied.
    > >>
    > >> ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > >> Unable to attach to \\MAX4000
    > >> ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    > >> Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000 is incompatible with the Backup Engine.
    > >> Please upgrade the Remote Agent for Windows NT/2000.

+ Reply to Thread