SQL2000 is not on port1433 so Exec can't connect - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on SQL2000 is not on port1433 so Exec can't connect - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi all, I cannot get Backup Exec to connect on a port different than the default 1433. No one I know uses the default for internet use as it is a bit of a security hole. How do I connect ...

  1. SQL2000 is not on port1433 so Exec can't connect

    Hi all,

    I cannot get Backup Exec to connect on a port different than the default
    1433.

    No one I know uses the default for internet use as it is a bit of a security
    hole.

    How do I connect to a differnt port?

    Does Backup Exec 8.0 support SQL 2000?

    Regards,

    David.

  2. Re: SQL2000 is not on port1433 so Exec can't connect

    On Wed, 21 Mar 2001 14:22:22 -0000, "David Meyer"
    wrote:

    >I cannot get Backup Exec to connect on a port different than the default
    >1433.

    Named Pipes , not sure if BE will connect to non default ports

    >Does Backup Exec 8.0 support SQL 2000?

    No 8.5 with agent upgrade

  3. Re: SQL2000 is not on port1433 so Exec can't connect

    BE should be using the client connectivity that you setup on the BENT
    server. On the BENT server, go into Client Network Utility and setup each
    SQL Server with TCP/IP using the correct port number. Please let us know if
    this works or if you have already tried this.

    Alex

    "David Meyer" wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I cannot get Backup Exec to connect on a port different than the default
    > 1433.
    >
    > No one I know uses the default for internet use as it is a bit of a

    security
    > hole.
    >
    > How do I connect to a differnt port?
    >
    > Does Backup Exec 8.0 support SQL 2000?