No Backup Selection - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on No Backup Selection - Veritas Backup Exec ; We have Backup Exec installed on a W2K Domain Controller and an Agent option installed on a second server. However, there is no possibilities for me to select any drives, directories or files on the second server. The Server is ...

  1. No Backup Selection

    We have Backup Exec installed on a W2K Domain Controller and an Agent option
    installed on a second server. However, there is no possibilities for me
    to select any drives, directories or files on the second server. The Server
    is grayed-out on the selection page.

    Any help.

    Akin

  2. Re: No Backup Selection

    If you open the GUI and do Help/About, does it display the Remote Agent as being
    installed?

    If not, uninstall the Agent, cycle the BETN services and Re-install the agent

    Akinola Oke wrote:

    > We have Backup Exec installed on a W2K Domain Controller and an Agent option
    > installed on a second server. However, there is no possibilities for me
    > to select any drives, directories or files on the second server. The Server
    > is grayed-out on the selection page.
    >
    > Any help.
    >
    > Akin

  3. Re: No Backup Selection

    Do I have to install the Agent on both Servers.

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >If you open the GUI and do Help/About, does it display the Remote Agent

    as being
    >installed?
    >
    >If not, uninstall the Agent, cycle the BETN services and Re-install the

    agent

    >Akinola Oke wrote:
    >
    >> We have Backup Exec installed on a W2K Domain Controller and an Agent

    option
    >> installed on a second server. However, there is no possibilities for

    me
    >> to select any drives, directories or files on the second server. The

    Server
    >> is grayed-out on the selection page.
    >>
    >> Any help.
    >>
    >> Akin