Remote Agent Error - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Remote Agent Error - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi: I have BE 8.5 on an NT 4 sp6 server. A couple of machines in the group report "Remote Agent for windows NT/2000 not present- etc' error in the log file. I have seen the knowledge base info for ...

  1. Remote Agent Error

    Hi:
    I have BE 8.5 on an NT 4 sp6 server. A couple of machines in the group
    report "Remote Agent for windows NT/2000 not present- etc' error in the log
    file. I have seen the knowledge base info for adding to the LMHOST file.
    Did that. It didn't help. One curious question, in the log files (for the
    problem machines) I will get the "Remote agent not found- message" on the
    C$ partition, but when the program tries to backup the D$ partiton, it says
    "Performing Remote Agent backup"- no error message.... What gives??
    Also, one other question, how do you de-select the backup of machines
    that have been removed off of the network? I have 2 boxes that the program
    tries to connect to every night. If you look under the properties for the
    backup job, the 2 machines aren't there to de-select. How do I fix this?

    Thanks for your help!!

    Steve Swansbrough

  2. Re: Remote Agent Error

    For the non-existant machines<
    open the job description, Selections Tab,
    select "text version"
    delete the old machines
    save
    exit

    Don't have any info on your other problem, except to say
    "You're not the only one". Just scan the forum.

    Steve Swansbrough wrote:

    > Hi:
    > I have BE 8.5 on an NT 4 sp6 server. A couple of machines in the group
    > report "Remote Agent for windows NT/2000 not present- etc' error in the log
    > file. I have seen the knowledge base info for adding to the LMHOST file.
    > Did that. It didn't help. One curious question, in the log files (for the
    > problem machines) I will get the "Remote agent not found- message" on the
    > C$ partition, but when the program tries to backup the D$ partiton, it says
    > "Performing Remote Agent backup"- no error message.... What gives??
    > Also, one other question, how do you de-select the backup of machines
    > that have been removed off of the network? I have 2 boxes that the program
    > tries to connect to every night. If you look under the properties for the
    > backup job, the 2 machines aren't there to de-select. How do I fix this?
    >
    > Thanks for your help!!
    >
    > Steve Swansbrough

+ Reply to Thread