Unable to attach- SQL - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to attach- SQL - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, I changed all of our administrator passwords the other day, everything is fine now except that I can't connect to a sql db using bent 8.5. I can see it in the selections list and I can backup all ...

  1. Unable to attach- SQL

    Hello, I changed all of our administrator passwords the other day,
    everything is fine now except that I can't connect to a sql db using bent
    8.5. I can see it in the selections list and I can backup all the other sql
    databases. I can even backup that particular server, except the sql dbs.
    Am I missing a password change somewhere? Responses are appreciated, Log
    entries as follows.

    Job server: DV1
    Job name: Attach Damnit!
    Job started: March 15, 2001 at 9:51:28 AM
    Job type: Backup
    Log file: BEX21.txt

    Drive and media information from media mount:
    Changer Name:
    Drive Name: DLT1
    Media Slot: 0
    Media Cartridge Label: Nightly Backup 6
    Targeted Media Set Name: Nightly Backups

    Job Operation - Backup
    Media operation - append.
    Hardware compression enabled.
    Unable to attach to SS1.
    The item was not found.

    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
    Unable to attach to SS1.
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

    Job ended: March 15, 2001 at 9:51:34 AM
    Job completion status: Failed

  2. Re: Unable to attach- SQL

    The easy thing to try is

    Open the Backup Selection pane
    find the SQL server icon for the server in question
    highlite it
    from the Network drop down menu select "Attach As"
    enter the SQL user-id and password

    if that doesn't work, it's time to break out the sledgehammer
    stop all BENT services
    delete BEWINUI.UNI from the \NT directory
    restart the services

    re-enter ALL cached user-id/password info for all connections

    Mike M wrote:

    > Hello, I changed all of our administrator passwords the other day,
    > everything is fine now except that I can't connect to a sql db using bent
    > 8.5. I can see it in the selections list and I can backup all the other sql
    > databases. I can even backup that particular server, except the sql dbs.
    > Am I missing a password change somewhere? Responses are appreciated, Log
    > entries as follows.
    >
    > ================================================== ====================
    > Job server: DV1
    > Job name: Attach Damnit!
    > Job started: March 15, 2001 at 9:51:28 AM
    > Job type: Backup
    > Log file: BEX21.txt
    > ================================================== ====================
    >
    > Drive and media information from media mount:
    > Changer Name:
    > Drive Name: DLT1
    > Media Slot: 0
    > Media Cartridge Label: Nightly Backup 6
    > Targeted Media Set Name: Nightly Backups
    >
    > ================================================== ====================
    > Job Operation - Backup
    > Media operation - append.
    > Hardware compression enabled.