Full - Diff Question - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Full - Diff Question - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello Once again: BENT 8.0 (3315) on NT 2000 backing up 2 SQL Servers. I have the jobs split this way: SQL2 - Full SQL2 - Diff I want to back up a database on the full job but not ...

  1. Full - Diff Question

    Hello Once again:

    BENT 8.0 (3315) on NT 2000 backing up 2 SQL Servers. I have the jobs split
    this way:

    SQL2 - Full
    SQL2 - Diff

    I want to back up a database on the full job but not the diff. BENT doesn't
    let me. If i select it in Full, it's automatically selected in the Diff.
    I tried selecting it in Full and then doing an exclude - text version in
    Diff but still the same.

    Can I do this or do I need to schedule a seperate job for the FULL Only.

    Thanks
    Joe

  2. Re: Full - Diff Question

    "Joe" wrote:

    >Hello Once again:
    >
    >BENT 8.0 (3315) on NT 2000 backing up 2 SQL Servers. I have the jobs split
    >this way:
    >
    >SQL2 - Full
    >SQL2 - Diff
    >
    >I want to back up a database on the full job but not the diff. BENT doesn't
    >let me. If i select it in Full, it's automatically selected in the Diff.
    >I tried selecting it in Full and then doing an exclude - text version in
    >Diff but still the same.
    >
    >Can I do this or do I need to schedule a seperate job for the FULL Only.
    >
    >Thanks
    >Joe

    You must create two different jobs with different names.
    This means you must make sure that each job is using different
    selection lists. If the jobs use the same selection list, eg.
    the list for the first job you created, they will backup
    the same files with the differential looking at the archive bit
    to see if the file/database needs to be backed up.
    The name for the selection list is in the selection tab.
    New means you are making a new selection list for that backup job.

  3. Re: Full - Diff Question

    Thanks, that's what I ended up doing.

    "Doug Cook" wrote:

    >"Joe" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hello Once again:
    >>
    >>BENT 8.0 (3315) on NT 2000 backing up 2 SQL Servers. I have the jobs split
    >>this way:
    >>
    >>SQL2 - Full
    >>SQL2 - Diff
    >>
    >>I want to back up a database on the full job but not the diff. BENT doesn't
    >>let me. If i select it in Full, it's automatically selected in the Diff.
    >>I tried selecting it in Full and then doing an exclude - text version in
    >>Diff but still the same.
    >>
    >>Can I do this or do I need to schedule a seperate job for the FULL Only.
    >>
    >>Thanks
    >>Joe

    >You must create two different jobs with different names.
    >This means you must make sure that each job is using different
    >selection lists. If the jobs use the same selection list, eg.
    >the list for the first job you created, they will backup
    >the same files with the differential looking at the archive bit
    >to see if the file/database needs to be backed up.
    >The name for the selection list is in the selection tab.
    >New means you are making a new selection list for that backup job.

+ Reply to Thread