SQL Server and memory - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on SQL Server and memory - Veritas Backup Exec ; When the backup kicks off I noticed in the task manager that sqlservr.exe takes exactly half of the installed memory and does not release it until I stop and start the service. Any know how to fix this? Thanks....

  1. SQL Server and memory

    When the backup kicks off I noticed in the task manager that sqlservr.exe
    takes exactly half of the installed memory and does not release it until
    I stop and start the service. Any know how to fix this? Thanks.

  2. Re: SQL Server and memory

    On 15 Mar 2001 08:43:06 -0500, "Rich Flickinger"
    wrote:

    >When the backup kicks off I noticed in the task manager that sqlservr.exe
    >takes exactly half of the installed memory and does not release it until
    >I stop and start the service. Any know how to fix this? Thanks.

    SQL will pr default grab close to all memory unless you limit it from
    the enterprise manager, but SQL will also release memory if other apps
    ask for it ,

    This is pr design and is not related specific to Backup Exec

+ Reply to Thread