Rebooting when adding an agent - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Rebooting when adding an agent - Veritas Backup Exec ; Can anyone tell me if I will need to reboot a remote server when I add the Accelerator agent or the Exchange Agent? Running NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5. thanks Andre...

  1. Rebooting when adding an agent

    Can anyone tell me if I will need to reboot a remote server when I add the
    Accelerator agent or the Exchange Agent? Running NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5.

    thanks
    Andre

  2. Re: Rebooting when adding an agent

    "Andre Blais" wrote:

    >Can anyone tell me if I will need to reboot a remote server when I add the
    >Accelerator agent or the Exchange Agent? Running NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5.
    >
    >thanks
    >Andre

    Look at page 9 of the options manual. If the remote agent services
    are not started on the target server you must reboot.
    The documentation pdf files are on the BE CD or can be downloaded.

    You might want to look at these related tech notes
    234471
    231682
    193901
    230790.