Moving BENT history to another machine. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Moving BENT history to another machine. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Good Afternoon. I have several questions I would like help in answering. After my weekend backup completed. I did some UPS testing this weekend to determine run times on no power. I had the BENT machine booted to a DOS ...

  1. Moving BENT history to another machine.

    Good Afternoon. I have several questions I would like help in answering.

    After my weekend backup completed. I did some UPS testing this weekend to
    determine run times on no power. I had the BENT machine booted to a DOS
    diskette so that no information would get corrupted by the server going
    down. Needless to say some sort of corruption did take place as BENT will
    no longer start on this system.

    My questions are:

    1. Will BE run on a Win98 system? If not does it have to be NT Server or
    can it be a workstation?

    2. What files do I need to move from the system that will not run to the
    new one I build to maintain the completed and scheduled "Job History"?

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    Sincerely,

    Steven E. Smith

  2. Re: Moving BENT history to another machine.

    BackupExec for NT will not run on Win9x

    It will happily run on either NTS or NTW. '

    To maintain all local settings, copy the entire \backupExec\NT tree
    if all you want are the job logs, copy the \data directory
    job defs jobs7.dat file

    "Steven E. Smith" wrote:

    > Good Afternoon. I have several questions I would like help in answering.
    >
    > After my weekend backup completed. I did some UPS testing this weekend to
    > determine run times on no power. I had the BENT machine booted to a DOS
    > diskette so that no information would get corrupted by the server going
    > down. Needless to say some sort of corruption did take place as BENT will
    > no longer start on this system.
    >
    > My questions are:
    >
    > 1. Will BE run on a Win98 system? If not does it have to be NT Server or
    > can it be a workstation?
    >
    > 2. What files do I need to move from the system that will not run to the
    > new one I build to maintain the completed and scheduled "Job History"?
    >
    > Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    >
    > Sincerely,
    >
    > Steven E. Smith

+ Reply to Thread