BENT won't backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BENT won't backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; I'm running BENT on a citrix server and it no longer will backup, even manually. Making a backup run now just lists it in the job monitor as scheduled. I cannot verify that the restore is working properly either since ...

  1. BENT won't backup

    I'm running BENT on a citrix server and it no longer will backup,
    even manually. Making a backup run now just lists it in the job
    monitor as scheduled. I cannot verify that the restore is
    working properly either since there is no backup current enough
    to test. Any ideas on what would cause this? The only difference
    anyone has noticed in the past couple of weeks was the clock
    on the server changing to the year 2107 for some reason. Our
    server administrator resigned a month ago, so I am new to the
    position and not sure where to start looking.

  2. Re: BENT won't backup

    Version nad Build of BENT (From the GUI do a Help/About)

    Jack wrote:

    > I'm running BENT on a citrix server and it no longer will backup,
    > even manually. Making a backup run now just lists it in the job
    > monitor as scheduled. I cannot verify that the restore is
    > working properly either since there is no backup current enough
    > to test. Any ideas on what would cause this? The only difference
    > anyone has noticed in the past couple of weeks was the clock
    > on the server changing to the year 2107 for some reason. Our
    > server administrator resigned a month ago, so I am new to the
    > position and not sure where to start looking.

  3. Re: BENT won't backup

    It is Version 8.0 Rev. 3315 server edition. Hopefully that
    includes the build.?

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >Version nad Build of BENT (From the GUI do a Help/About)
    >
    >Jack wrote:
    >
    >> I'm running BENT on a citrix server and it no longer will backup,
    >> even manually. Making a backup run now just lists it in the job
    >> monitor as scheduled. I cannot verify that the restore is
    >> working properly either since there is no backup current enough
    >> to test. Any ideas on what would cause this? The only difference
    >> anyone has noticed in the past couple of weeks was the clock
    >> on the server changing to the year 2107 for some reason. Our
    >> server administrator resigned a month ago, so I am new to the
    >> position and not sure where to start looking.

  4. Re: BENT won't backup

    The rev number is the Build number

    Sounds like you may have a corrupt PVL.MDB file

    make a note of all locally defined media sets
    stop all BENT services
    delete PVL.MDB from the \NT directory
    copy the default from the install media (inthe \utils directory as I
    recall)
    restart the services
    re-define all local media sets

    I'd also grab the latest V8.5 upgrade. It will accept your V8.0 serials
    and has a number of important fixes including the Media_Fix patch

    Jack wrote:

    > It is Version 8.0 Rev. 3315 server edition. Hopefully that
    > includes the build.?
    >
    > Ken Putnam wrote:
    > >Version nad Build of BENT (From the GUI do a Help/About)
    > >
    > >Jack wrote:
    > >
    > >> I'm running BENT on a citrix server and it no longer will backup,
    > >> even manually. Making a backup run now just lists it in the job
    > >> monitor as scheduled. I cannot verify that the restore is
    > >> working properly either since there is no backup current enough
    > >> to test. Any ideas on what would cause this? The only difference
    > >> anyone has noticed in the past couple of weeks was the clock
    > >> on the server changing to the year 2107 for some reason. Our
    > >> server administrator resigned a month ago, so I am new to the
    > >> position and not sure where to start looking.

+ Reply to Thread