cannot restore SQL DB HELP!!!!! - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on cannot restore SQL DB HELP!!!!! - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am trying to restore a SQL6.0 database, but the restore fails. Error message is "cannot establish network connection to device" 1. why is it trying to establish a network connection when the backup server is the DB server i ...

  1. cannot restore SQL DB HELP!!!!!

    I am trying to restore a SQL6.0 database, but the restore fails. Error message
    is "cannot establish network connection to device"

    1. why is it trying to establish a network connection when the backup server
    is the DB server i am trying to restore to.
    2. i can restore normal files without a problem.

    I figure it could be that it cannot authenticate to the SQL6.0 server. I
    know that you can specify an attach as in the Backup but can you specify
    an attach as in the restore?? i haven't found anywhere that you can.

    this is a important restore, if you can help i'd really!!! appreciate it.

  2. Re: cannot restore SQL DB HELP!!!!!

    rename bewinui.ini. close and open BE GUI.
    And backup selection click the SQL server and enter the correct attchment
    info, then go to restore and perform the restore operation.
    "Rob Beney" wrote in message

    > I am trying to restore a SQL6.0 database, but the restore fails. Error

    message
    > is "cannot establish network connection to device"
    >
    > 1. why is it trying to establish a network connection when the backup

    server
    > is the DB server i am trying to restore to.
    > 2. i can restore normal files without a problem.
    >
    > I figure it could be that it cannot authenticate to the SQL6.0 server. I
    > know that you can specify an attach as in the Backup but can you specify
    > an attach as in the restore?? i haven't found anywhere that you can.
    >
    > this is a important restore, if you can help i'd really!!! appreciate it.

+ Reply to Thread