BackUp Exec 8.5 Trial - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BackUp Exec 8.5 Trial - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, We are evaluating BackUp Exec 8.5 on an NT 4 sp6a server with a Seagate 4x24 Scorpion 96 changer. I am trying to run a cleaning job, but when ever I do it instantly fails and is put on ...

  1. BackUp Exec 8.5 Trial

    Hello,

    We are evaluating BackUp Exec 8.5 on an NT 4 sp6a server with a Seagate 4x24
    Scorpion 96 changer.

    I am trying to run a cleaning job, but when ever I do it instantly fails and
    is put on hold. The log says "Physical Volume Library Media not found". I
    cannot find where to assign it a cleaning slot. The help points to the Low
    Administration Wizard, but that option is always disabled.

    My questions:

    Is the LOW not a feature in the trial version? If it is, how can I enable
    it.?
    Is there another way to specify a cleaning cartridge?

    Thanks,
    Pete

  2. Re: BackUp Exec 8.5 Trial

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192320.htm

    Pete wrote:

    > Hello,
    >
    > We are evaluating BackUp Exec 8.5 on an NT 4 sp6a server with a Seagate 4x24
    > Scorpion 96 changer.
    >
    > I am trying to run a cleaning job, but when ever I do it instantly fails and
    > is put on hold. The log says "Physical Volume Library Media not found". I
    > cannot find where to assign it a cleaning slot. The help points to the Low
    > Administration Wizard, but that option is always disabled.
    >
    > My questions:
    >
    > Is the LOW not a feature in the trial version? If it is, how can I enable
    > it.?
    > Is there another way to specify a cleaning cartridge?
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Pete

+ Reply to Thread