"Not enough disk space to write the on-disk catalogs" - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on "Not enough disk space to write the on-disk catalogs" - Veritas Backup Exec ; Windows 2000 server Backup Exec 8.0 Terminal Services running Citrix Metaframe 1.8 Installed and running Try to do a simple backup of 875 MB and get the error mess. "There is not enough disk space available to write the on-disk ...

  1. "Not enough disk space to write the on-disk catalogs"

    Windows 2000 server
    Backup Exec 8.0
    Terminal Services running
    Citrix Metaframe 1.8 Installed and running

    Try to do a simple backup of 875 MB and get the error mess.

    "There is not enough disk space available to write the on-disk catalogs."

    "Please free some space on the volume and retry the operation."

    I have plenty of space on the disk that Backup Exec is attempting to write
    the catalog to and have tried one of the other drives as well to no avail.
    the drives are M, N, and O. This is a Citrix thing. Could this be the problem?

    thx for any help

  2. Re: "Not enough disk space to write the on-disk catalogs"

    citrix is not supported, install BE on a machine whit no metaframe
    "Tom Oatman" wrote in message

    > Windows 2000 server
    > Backup Exec 8.0
    > Terminal Services running
    > Citrix Metaframe 1.8 Installed and running
    >
    > Try to do a simple backup of 875 MB and get the error mess.
    >
    > "There is not enough disk space available to write the on-disk catalogs."
    >
    > "Please free some space on the volume and retry the operation."
    >
    > I have plenty of space on the disk that Backup Exec is attempting to write
    > the catalog to and have tried one of the other drives as well to no avail.
    > the drives are M, N, and O. This is a Citrix thing. Could this be the

    problem?

    > thx for any help

  3. Re: "Not enough disk space to write the on-disk catalogs"

    Not true.

    There are several TechNotes concerned with running BENT on a Citrix server

    B Schultz wrote:

    > citrix is not supported, install BE on a machine whit no metaframe
    > "Tom Oatman" wrote in message
    > >
    > > Windows 2000 server
    > > Backup Exec 8.0
    > > Terminal Services running
    > > Citrix Metaframe 1.8 Installed and running
    > >
    > > Try to do a simple backup of 875 MB and get the error mess.
    > >
    > > "There is not enough disk space available to write the on-disk catalogs."
    > >
    > > "Please free some space on the volume and retry the operation."
    > >
    > > I have plenty of space on the disk that Backup Exec is attempting to write
    > > the catalog to and have tried one of the other drives as well to no avail.
    > > the drives are M, N, and O. This is a Citrix thing. Could this be the

    > problem?
    > >
    > > thx for any help

  4. Re: "Not enough disk space to write the on-disk catalogs"

    Ken, Please tell me where to find these tech notes

    Ken Putnam wrote:
    >Not true.
    >
    >There are several TechNotes concerned with running BENT on a Citrix server
    >
    >B Schultz wrote:
    >
    >> citrix is not supported, install BE on a machine whit no metaframe
    >> "Tom Oatman" wrote in message
    >> >
    >> > Windows 2000 server
    >> > Backup Exec 8.0
    >> > Terminal Services running
    >> > Citrix Metaframe 1.8 Installed and running
    >> >
    >> > Try to do a simple backup of 875 MB and get the error mess.
    >> >
    >> > "There is not enough disk space available to write the on-disk catalogs."
    >> >
    >> > "Please free some space on the volume and retry the operation."
    >> >
    >> > I have plenty of space on the disk that Backup Exec is attempting to

    write
    >> > the catalog to and have tried one of the other drives as well to no

    avail.
    >> > the drives are M, N, and O. This is a Citrix thing. Could this be the

    >> problem?
    >> >
    >> > thx for any help

  5. Re: "Not enough disk space to write the on-disk catalogs"

    From the Knowledge Base search engine at
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/sear...BEWNT&crumb=on
    enter "Citrix" as the search string

    Tom Oatman wrote:

    > Ken, Please tell me where to find these tech notes
    >
    > Ken Putnam wrote:
    > >Not true.
    > >
    > >There are several TechNotes concerned with running BENT on a Citrix server
    > >
    > >B Schultz wrote:
    > >
    > >> citrix is not supported, install BE on a machine whit no metaframe
    > >> "Tom Oatman" wrote in message

    > write

    > avail.
    > >> problem?