backing up a Win2000 computer - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on backing up a Win2000 computer - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I want to back up a windows 2000 computer. I do not have an agent for it as far as I can tell. I only have the windows 95/98 agent. I have backup exec v7.3 rev 2371. How do ...

  1. backing up a Win2000 computer

    Hi,
    I want to back up a windows 2000 computer. I do not have an agent for it
    as far as I can tell. I only have the windows 95/98 agent. I have backup
    exec v7.3 rev 2371.
    How do I back it up?

  2. Re: backing up a Win2000 computer

    On 13 Mar 2001 17:33:16 -0500, "Anthony Lombardi"
    wrote:

    >I want to back up a windows 2000 computer. I do not have an agent for it
    >as far as I can tell. I only have the windows 95/98 agent. I have backup
    >exec v7.3 rev 2371.
    >How do I back it up?

    You will only be able to backup filedata with 7.3 no systemstate
    Its a required upgrade to 8.x to complete a "real" w2k backup

  3. Re: backing up a Win2000 computer

    Bite the bullet and upgrade to v8.0 or v8.5

    You will be able to connect without v8.x, but will not be able to do a
    disaster-recovery type backup, only a data backup.

    Anthony Lombardi wrote:

    > Hi,
    > I want to back up a windows 2000 computer. I do not have an agent for it
    > as far as I can tell. I only have the windows 95/98 agent. I have backup
    > exec v7.3 rev 2371.
    > How do I back it up?

+ Reply to Thread