Upgrade from NT4 to Win2k Server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Upgrade from NT4 to Win2k Server - Veritas Backup Exec ; We are currently running BE 8.5 build 3571 Server Edition on NT 4 servers. We want to upgrade our BE servers to Win2k Server. Any special considerations or gotchas we should be aware of Thanks...

  1. Upgrade from NT4 to Win2k Server

    We are currently running BE 8.5 build 3571 Server Edition on NT 4 servers.
    We want to upgrade our BE servers to Win2k Server. Any special considerations
    or gotchas we should be aware of

    Thanks

  2. Re: Upgrade from NT4 to Win2k Server

    IMHO, you'd be best to shut down all BENT services, copy the entire BackupExec\NT
    tree to someplace safe, Install W2K clean (not an upgrade) then copy the tree
    back, and re-install on top of those files.

    (I'd just rather start with a clean W2K machine, than to upgrade an NT4 machine
    with who knows what lurking in the registry)

    Robyn wrote:

    > We are currently running BE 8.5 build 3571 Server Edition on NT 4 servers.
    > We want to upgrade our BE servers to Win2k Server. Any special considerations
    > or gotchas we should be aware of
    >
    > Thanks

+ Reply to Thread