BENT/2000 lost cataloging capacity - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BENT/2000 lost cataloging capacity - Veritas Backup Exec ; My BENT/2000 v8.5 one day lost all the cataloged information under the retore selections tab. This = no restore ability at all. You can now successfully complete a catalog operation, but it will not add anything to the restore selections ...

  1. BENT/2000 lost cataloging capacity

    My BENT/2000 v8.5 one day lost all the cataloged information under the retore
    selections tab. This = no restore ability at all. You can now successfully
    complete a catalog operation, but it will not add anything to the restore
    selections area. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the product, but it
    does not seem to work any differently. I did save the catalogs dir before
    removing the old version.

    Please show me my errors!
    Thanks
    Michael Brown
    Dey Systems Inc.

  2. Re: BENT/2000 lost cataloging capacity

    This situation is occuring in an environment where:
    Backup Server is Win NT
    One other server is Win NT
    One other server is W2K

    "Michael Brown ACET" wrote:

    >My BENT/2000 v8.5 one day lost all the cataloged information under the retore
    >selections tab. This = no restore ability at all. You can now successfully
    >complete a catalog operation, but it will not add anything to the restore
    >selections area. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the product, but it
    >does not seem to work any differently. I did save the catalogs dir before
    >removing the old version.
    >
    >Please show me my errors!
    >Thanks
    >Michael Brown
    >Dey Systems Inc.

  3. Re: BENT/2000 lost cataloging capacity

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191281.htm

    Michael Brown ACET wrote:

    > My BENT/2000 v8.5 one day lost all the cataloged information under the retore
    > selections tab. This = no restore ability at all. You can now successfully
    > complete a catalog operation, but it will not add anything to the restore
    > selections area. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the product, but it
    > does not seem to work any differently. I did save the catalogs dir before
    > removing the old version.
    >
    > Please show me my errors!
    > Thanks
    > Michael Brown