Simple question - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Simple question - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I have a very simple question: Do I need to have the Remote Agent installed to be able to backup my remote servers? Thanks in advance...

  1. Simple question

    Hi,

    I have a very simple question: Do I need to have the Remote Agent installed
    to be able to backup my remote servers?

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Simple question

    Yes
    "Andre" wrote in message news:3aae65af@hronntp01....
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a very simple question: Do I need to have the Remote Agent

    installed
    > to be able to backup my remote servers?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

  3. Re: Simple question

    Well only if you want a good back up of that server. You can back up shares
    on the servers but you willnot be able to back up the SYSTEMSTATE if you do
    not have the agents loaded.

    Troy LaClair
    "Andre" wrote in message news:3aae65af@hronntp01....
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have a very simple question: Do I need to have the Remote Agent

    installed
    > to be able to backup my remote servers?
    >
    > Thanks in advance

+ Reply to Thread