Server freezes during backup - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Server freezes during backup - Veritas Backup Exec ; Using 8.50 build 3571 on NT Server 4 SP6a, backing up 1 GB of data to a 2GB Jaz drive. After a random time (6-60 minutes) into the backup, the server will freeze, and needs a hard reboot. I suspect ...

  1. Server freezes during backup

    Using 8.50 build 3571 on NT Server 4 SP6a, backing up 1 GB of data to a 2GB
    Jaz drive. After a random time (6-60 minutes) into the backup, the server
    will freeze, and needs a hard reboot.

    I suspect hardware, but it's been working fine before installing BENT. Previous
    backup software completed backup jobs.

    Clone server, using Flashpoint LT scsi card and scsi Jaz drive.

  2. Re: Server freezes during backup

    2 gig Jaz is not supported.
    "Grant Gischer" wrote in message

    > Using 8.50 build 3571 on NT Server 4 SP6a, backing up 1 GB of data to a

    2GB
    > Jaz drive. After a random time (6-60 minutes) into the backup, the server
    > will freeze, and needs a hard reboot.
    >
    > I suspect hardware, but it's been working fine before installing BENT.

    Previous
    > backup software completed backup jobs.
    >
    > Clone server, using Flashpoint LT scsi card and scsi Jaz drive.

+ Reply to Thread