Serial number - which are which? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Serial number - which are which? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, we had 2 servers setup as follows : Server 1 - BackupExec 7.3 MSE, OFO and SQL agent. Server 2 - OFO and SQL agent. Server 1 used to back up server 2. The options installed on server 2 ...

  1. Serial number - which are which?

    Hi,

    we had 2 servers setup as follows :

    Server 1 - BackupExec 7.3 MSE, OFO and SQL agent.
    Server 2 - OFO and SQL agent.

    Server 1 used to back up server 2. The options installed on server 2 were
    done remotely from server 1 ( BackupExec setup, install options on remote
    computers. )

    Server 2 was rebuilt as a test box, and thus these 2 options are not installed,
    or required. Unfortunately, I do not have a record of which serial numbers
    were entered for these options ( so I can re-use them on another server ).

    Looking under help, about on server 1 shows all the serial numbers, but how
    do I know which corresponds to the rebuilt server, and how do I remove them
    from the list in help, about on server 1 ?

  2. Re: Serial number - which are which?

    You can't associate a license number with a specific machine. You just buy
    the right amount. If you have 3 remote licenses and you are still backing
    up 3 remote servers, you are OK. It doesn't matter that one them has been
    swapped out.

    Charles Villa

    "Darrell Gouldthorpe" wrote in
    message news:3aae42eb$1@hronntp01....

    > Hi,
    >
    > we had 2 servers setup as follows :
    >
    > Server 1 - BackupExec 7.3 MSE, OFO and SQL agent.
    > Server 2 - OFO and SQL agent.
    >
    > Server 1 used to back up server 2. The options installed on server 2 were
    > done remotely from server 1 ( BackupExec setup, install options on remote
    > computers. )
    >
    > Server 2 was rebuilt as a test box, and thus these 2 options are not

    installed,
    > or required. Unfortunately, I do not have a record of which serial

    numbers
    > were entered for these options ( so I can re-use them on another server ).
    >
    > Looking under help, about on server 1 shows all the serial numbers, but

    how
    > do I know which corresponds to the rebuilt server, and how do I remove

    them
    > from the list in help, about on server 1 ?

+ Reply to Thread