SQL backup problem - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on SQL backup problem - Veritas Backup Exec ; I got the following error when backing SQL: An error occured on a query to filegroup model...PRIMARY. ^^^^^ Could not find filegroup 'PRIMARY' in sysfilegroups for database 'model' ^^^^^ Unable to open the item model?PRIMARY - skipped. Does anyone know ...

  1. SQL backup problem

    I got the following error when backing SQL:
    An error occured on a query to filegroup model...PRIMARY.
    ^^^^^
    Could not find filegroup 'PRIMARY' in sysfilegroups for database 'model'
    ^^^^^
    Unable to open the item model?PRIMARY - skipped.

    Does anyone know how to solve this?

  2. Re: SQL backup problem

    On the Backup Selections window, select MS SQL Server under the desired
    server. In the right pane, select the database, not the filegroup. You
    cannot backup filegroups when 'truncate log on checkpoint' is on, or in
    SQL2000 with the Simple recovery method.

    Alex

    "Henrik Junegren" wrote in message

    > I got the following error when backing SQL:
    > An error occured on a query to filegroup model...PRIMARY.
    > ^^^^^
    > Could not find filegroup 'PRIMARY' in sysfilegroups for database 'model'
    > ^^^^^
    > Unable to open the item model?PRIMARY - skipped.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to solve this?

+ Reply to Thread