Configuring Backup Exec Unix agent on Redhat 6.2 Linux - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Configuring Backup Exec Unix agent on Redhat 6.2 Linux - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am currently trying to install the latest unix agent (NLS_AGNT_234695.TAR) on a redhat 6.2 Multihomed Linux box. Does anyone know how I can tell the installation program which adapter to use ? It is currently using the wrong one ...

  1. Configuring Backup Exec Unix agent on Redhat 6.2 Linux

    I am currently trying to install the latest unix agent (NLS_AGNT_234695.TAR)
    on a redhat 6.2 Multihomed Linux box. Does anyone know how I can tell the
    installation program which adapter to use ? It is currently using the wrong
    one and is therefore unable to see the backup server. Any help - truly appreciated
    !

  2. Re: Configuring Backup Exec Unix agent on Redhat 6.2 Linux

    "George" wrote:

    >I am currently trying to install the latest unix agent (NLS_AGNT_234695.TAR)
    >on a redhat 6.2 Multihomed Linux box. Does anyone know how I can tell the
    >installation program which adapter to use ? It is currently using the wrong
    >one and is therefore unable to see the backup server. Any help - truly appreciated
    >!

    I just installed this same agent and it asked me if the system was multi-homed.
    I replied "y" and then it prompted me for the IP address to use. So, before
    you start the INSTALL script, check what IP-address is on the device you
    want to use and you should be set!

    I am very happy with this new agent since it was very difficult to backup
    multi-homed hosts before.

    Clemens Sibon

+ Reply to Thread