BE 8.0, Exchange Restore to different Server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 8.0, Exchange Restore to different Server - Veritas Backup Exec ; We are using BackupExec 8.0 with Exchange Agent on A Windows NT4.0 Server (SP6a) with Exchange 5.5 SP3 I want to restore a backup of the Exchange Information Store to a different Exchange 5.5 Sp3 Server. When selecting the properties ...

  1. BE 8.0, Exchange Restore to different Server

    We are using BackupExec 8.0 with Exchange Agent on A Windows NT4.0 Server
    (SP6a) with Exchange 5.5 SP3

    I want to restore a backup of the Exchange Information Store to a different
    Exchange 5.5 Sp3 Server.

    When selecting the properties for this restore-job, itīs not possible to
    enter a redirection. Itīs also not possible to make any selections in the
    "Exchange"-Tab.

    I donīt understand why?

  2. Re: BE 8.0, Exchange Restore to different Server

    So the machine you are trying to restore from is the same machine from where
    you backed up the Exchange server.
    "Sascha Habetz" wrote in message

    > We are using BackupExec 8.0 with Exchange Agent on A Windows NT4.0 Server
    > (SP6a) with Exchange 5.5 SP3
    >
    > I want to restore a backup of the Exchange Information Store to a

    different
    > Exchange 5.5 Sp3 Server.
    >
    > When selecting the properties for this restore-job, itīs not possible to
    > enter a redirection. Itīs also not possible to make any selections in the
    > "Exchange"-Tab.
    >
    > I donīt understand why?

  3. Re: BE 8.0, Exchange Restore to different Server

    No, I want to Restore the PublicInformationStore to another Exchange-Server.

    "B Schultz" wrote:
    >So the machine you are trying to restore from is the same machine from where
    >you backed up the Exchange server.
    >"Sascha Habetz" wrote in message
    >>
    >> We are using BackupExec 8.0 with Exchange Agent on A Windows NT4.0 Server
    >> (SP6a) with Exchange 5.5 SP3
    >>
    >> I want to restore a backup of the Exchange Information Store to a

    >different
    >> Exchange 5.5 Sp3 Server.
    >>
    >> When selecting the properties for this restore-job, itīs not possible

    >> enter a redirection. Itīs also not possible to make any selections in

    the
    >> "Exchange"-Tab.
    >>
    >> I donīt understand why?

+ Reply to Thread