Exchange Mailbox Backup (Curiosity) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Exchange Mailbox Backup (Curiosity) - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have seen http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190937.htm for step-by-step instructions on setting this up. Double check the rights of the BackupExecService account within Exchange I believe I have followed this correctly. I have my Backup server PDC NT 4.0 sp6a Exchange (BDC) NT ...

  1. Exchange Mailbox Backup (Curiosity)

    I have seen http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190937.htm for step-by-step
    instructions on setting this up. Double check the rights of the
    BackupExecService account
    within Exchange
    I believe I have followed this correctly.

    I have my Backup server PDC NT 4.0 sp6a
    Exchange (BDC) NT 4.0 sp6a
    BENT 8.0

    I get the message permission denied, cannot connect to the exchange server.

    I know that this type of backup is not the best. I am curious as to why it
    will not work.

  2. Re: Exchange Mailbox Backup (Curiosity)

    just to verify. your IS and DS backups are working correctly ?
    "Rob Kampf" wrote in message news:3aae0b30$1@hronntp01....
    > I have seen http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190937.htm for

    step-by-step
    > instructions on setting this up. Double check the rights of the
    > BackupExecService account
    > within Exchange
    > I believe I have followed this correctly.
    >
    > I have my Backup server PDC NT 4.0 sp6a
    > Exchange (BDC) NT 4.0 sp6a
    > BENT 8.0
    >
    > I get the message permission denied, cannot connect to the exchange

    server.

    > I know that this type of backup is not the best. I am curious as to why

    it
    > will not work.

  3. Re: Exchange Mailbox Backup (Curiosity)

    Yes they are..

    > > I have seen http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190937.htm for

    > step-by-step
    > > instructions on setting this up. Double check the rights of the
    > > BackupExecService account
    > > within Exchange
    > > I believe I have followed this correctly.
    > >
    > > I have my Backup server PDC NT 4.0 sp6a
    > > Exchange (BDC) NT 4.0 sp6a
    > > BENT 8.0
    > >
    > > I get the message permission denied, cannot connect to the exchange

    > server.
    > >
    > > I know that this type of backup is not the best. I am curious as to why

    > it
    > > will not work.

  4. Re: Exchange Mailbox Backup (Curiosity)

    ok, thats good. In which containers on the Exchange admin have you given
    which rights ?

    "Rob" wrote in message news:3aae1a70@hronntp01....
    > Yes they are..
    > "B Schultz" wrote in message
    > > just to verify. your IS and DS backups are working correctly ?
    > > "Rob Kampf" wrote in message

    > > > I have seen http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/190937.htm for

    > > step-by-step
    > > > instructions on setting this up. Double check the rights of the
    > > > BackupExecService account
    > > > within Exchange
    > > > I believe I have followed this correctly.
    > > >
    > > > I have my Backup server PDC NT 4.0 sp6a
    > > > Exchange (BDC) NT 4.0 sp6a
    > > > BENT 8.0
    > > >
    > > > I get the message permission denied, cannot connect to the exchange

    > > server.
    > > >
    > > > I know that this type of backup is not the best. I am curious as to

    why
    > > it
    > > > will not work.

  5. Re: Exchange Mailbox Backup (Curiosity)

    This was set up when I got here but, the exchange admin has site level admin
    server level admin

    The admin also has administrator rights on the PDC wher ethe backup exec is
    located

    "B Schultz" wrote in message
    > ok, thats good. In which containers on the Exchange admin have you given
    > which rights ?
    >
    > "Rob" wrote in message news:3aae1a70@hronntp01....
    > > Yes they are..
    > > "B Schultz" wrote in message
    > > > just to verify. your IS and DS backups are working correctly ?
    > > > "Rob Kampf" wrote in message

    > > > step-by-step

    > > > server.

    > why
    > > > it

  6. Re: Exchange Mailbox Backup (Curiosity)

    what I need to know is the rights assigned to the BE service account is
    Exchange. I know the NT rights i sufficient since IS & DS backup is ok.
    The BE rights in "site", "configuration" & "server" container. It has to be
    at least Admin.
    Have you really read the TN ?

    "Rob" wrote in message news:3aae2162$1@hronntp01....
    > This was set up when I got here but, the exchange admin has site level

    admin
    > server level admin
    >
    > The admin also has administrator rights on the PDC wher ethe backup exec

    is
    > located
    >
    > "B Schultz" wrote in message
    > > ok, thats good. In which containers on the Exchange admin have you

    given
    > > which rights ?
    > >
    > > "Rob" wrote in message news:3aae1a70@hronntp01....
    > > > Yes they are..
    > > > "B Schultz" wrote in message

    exchange

    > > why

  7. Re: Exchange Mailbox Backup (Curiosity)

    Yes the BE has Admin rites in the site config and server
    "B Schultz" wrote in message
    > what I need to know is the rights assigned to the BE service account is
    > Exchange. I know the NT rights i sufficient since IS & DS backup is ok.
    > The BE rights in "site", "configuration" & "server" container. It has to

    be
    > at least Admin.
    > Have you really read the TN ?
    >
    > "Rob" wrote in message news:3aae2162$1@hronntp01....
    > > This was set up when I got here but, the exchange admin has site level

    > admin
    > > server level admin
    > >
    > > The admin also has administrator rights on the PDC wher ethe backup exec

    > is
    > > located
    > >
    > > "B Schultz" wrote in message
    > > > ok, thats good. In which containers on the Exchange admin have you

    > given
    > > > which rights ?

    > exchange

    as
    > > > why

  8. Re: Exchange Mailbox Backup (Curiosity)

    what rights have ypou assigned in -site level then ?

+ Reply to Thread