BEEngine and Dr. Watson again - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BEEngine and Dr. Watson again - Veritas Backup Exec ; BE 8.0, NT4.0 OFO, Oracle Agent, HP Autoloader 24x6 About twice a week BE dies with a Dr. Watson. Restarting the service via the control panel helps, but of course this unacceptable. Someone told me that this has to do ...

  1. BEEngine and Dr. Watson again

    BE 8.0, NT4.0 OFO, Oracle Agent, HP Autoloader 24x6

    About twice a week BE dies with a Dr. Watson. Restarting the service via the
    control panel helps, but of course this unacceptable. Someone told me that
    this has to do with the PWL.MDB and/or corrupted catalogs and that I should
    start from scratch.

    I rememeber that I read about reinstalling the MDB but I forgot where. I
    searched throu the KB but found nothing that really helped me. So my
    question: To solve this, what is the best way? A complete reinstall? I want
    to keep my backup jobs if this is possible.

    Thanks in advance,

    Bernd Maierhofer
    dato Denkwerkzeuge
    Bernd.Maierhofer@dato.at

    Please: No private mail unless explicitly invited.

  2. Re: BEEngine and Dr. Watson again

    I do not think it has anything to do with your pvl.mdb so leave that as it
    is.
    In the DR Watson you will see what function was causing this. This info will
    help a bit.
    Also upgrade upgrade upgrade is the roul when DR Watson makes a "call".
    Meaning BE, service packs ,drivers etc..
    "Bernd Maierhofer" wrote in message
    > BE 8.0, NT4.0 OFO, Oracle Agent, HP Autoloader 24x6
    >
    > About twice a week BE dies with a Dr. Watson. Restarting the service via

    the
    > control panel helps, but of course this unacceptable. Someone told me

    that
    > this has to do with the PWL.MDB and/or corrupted catalogs and that I

    should
    > start from scratch.
    >
    > I rememeber that I read about reinstalling the MDB but I forgot where. I
    > searched throu the KB but found nothing that really helped me. So my
    > question: To solve this, what is the best way? A complete reinstall? I

    want
    > to keep my backup jobs if this is possible.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Bernd Maierhofer
    > dato Denkwerkzeuge
    > Bernd.Maierhofer@dato.at
    >
    > Please: No private mail unless explicitly invited.

+ Reply to Thread