WinNT Server - user32.dll failures after installing - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on WinNT Server - user32.dll failures after installing - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have been having problems loading BE 8.5 on new loads of NT Server 4.0 sp6. After installing the BE the services don't start properly and I get numerous dll initiualization failed messages. I have checked all the hardware for ...

  1. WinNT Server - user32.dll failures after installing

    I have been having problems loading BE 8.5 on new loads of NT Server 4.0
    sp6. After installing the BE the services don't start properly and I get
    numerous dll initiualization failed messages. I have checked all the
    hardware for problems and everything checks out ok. I have checked the MS
    KB article on this issue and the registry settings were fine. I installed
    the MDAC updates from the SP4 cd. If I unistall the BE then the system
    reacts completely normally.

    Please if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

    Larry Ebstein II
    ljeii@email.com

  2. Re: WinNT Server - user32.dll failures after installing

    On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:50:48 -0800, "Larry Ebstein"
    wrote:

    >I have been having problems loading BE 8.5 on new loads of NT Server 4.0
    >sp6. After installing the BE the services don't start properly and I get
    >numerous dll initiualization failed messages. I have checked all the
    >hardware for problems and everything checks out ok. I have checked the MS
    >KB article on this issue and the registry settings were fine. I installed
    >the MDAC updates from the SP4 cd. If I unistall the BE then the system
    >reacts completely normally.
    >
    >Please if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

    Reapply SP6 reboot

    If that dont help

    Apply MDAC2.6 from microsoft.com/data
    Apply Jet4.0SP3 from microsoft.com/data

    Usually does the trick.

  3. Re: WinNT Server - user32.dll failures after installing

    Thanks I'll Try it.

    Larry Ebstein II

    Flemming Riis wrote in message
    > On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:50:48 -0800, "Larry Ebstein"
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I have been having problems loading BE 8.5 on new loads of NT Server 4.0
    > >sp6. After installing the BE the services don't start properly and I get
    > >numerous dll initiualization failed messages. I have checked all the
    > >hardware for problems and everything checks out ok. I have checked the

    MS
    > >KB article on this issue and the registry settings were fine. I installed
    > >the MDAC updates from the SP4 cd. If I unistall the BE then the system
    > >reacts completely normally.
    > >
    > >Please if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

    > Reapply SP6 reboot
    >
    > If that dont help
    >
    > Apply MDAC2.6 from microsoft.com/data
    > Apply Jet4.0SP3 from microsoft.com/data
    >
    > Usually does the trick.

  4. Re: WinNT Server - user32.dll failures after installing

    Have a look at Microsoft Technet document Q142676.
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet, search the support & knowledge page.
    Q142676 - Overcoming User32.dll Initialization Failure Errors
    Regards
    Martin

    Flemming Riis wrote:
    >On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:50:48 -0800, "Larry Ebstein"
    >wrote:
    >
    >>I have been having problems loading BE 8.5 on new loads of NT Server 4.0
    >>sp6. After installing the BE the services don't start properly and I get
    >>numerous dll initiualization failed messages. I have checked all the
    >>hardware for problems and everything checks out ok. I have checked the

    MS
    >>KB article on this issue and the registry settings were fine. I installed
    >>the MDAC updates from the SP4 cd. If I unistall the BE then the system
    >>reacts completely normally.
    >>
    >>Please if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

    >Reapply SP6 reboot
    >
    >If that dont help
    >
    >Apply MDAC2.6 from microsoft.com/data
    >Apply Jet4.0SP3 from microsoft.com/data
    >
    >Usually does the trick.

  5. Re: WinNT Server - user32.dll failures after installing

    That was the first place I checked and the setting was already in the
    registry. And of course Veritas charges for support so here I am.

    Larry
    Martin Sitte wrote in message

    > Have a look at Microsoft Technet document Q142676.
    > http://www.microsoft.com/technet, search the support & knowledge page.
    > Q142676 - Overcoming User32.dll Initialization Failure Errors
    > Regards
    > Martin
    >
    > Flemming Riis wrote:
    > >On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 11:50:48 -0800, "Larry Ebstein"
    > >wrote:
    > >
    > >>I have been having problems loading BE 8.5 on new loads of NT Server 4.0
    > >>sp6. After installing the BE the services don't start properly and I

    get
    > >>numerous dll initiualization failed messages. I have checked all the
    > >>hardware for problems and everything checks out ok. I have checked the

    > MS
    > >>KB article on this issue and the registry settings were fine. I

    installed
    > >>the MDAC updates from the SP4 cd. If I unistall the BE then the system
    > >>reacts completely normally.
    > >>
    > >>Please if anyone can help i would appreciate it.

    > >Reapply SP6 reboot
    > >
    > >If that dont help
    > >
    > >Apply MDAC2.6 from microsoft.com/data
    > >Apply Jet4.0SP3 from microsoft.com/data