Mailbox problem on 8.5 ver - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Mailbox problem on 8.5 ver - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, Just upgraded BENT 8 (for NT 4) to 8.5. Have resolve all issues after upgrade EXCEPT brick level backup for mailboxes. I can browse and see all mailboxes when I drilled down to MS Exch. Mailboxes after entering valid ...

  1. Mailbox problem on 8.5 ver

    Hi,

    Just upgraded BENT 8 (for NT 4) to 8.5. Have resolve all issues after
    upgrade EXCEPT brick level backup for mailboxes. I can browse and see all
    mailboxes when I drilled down to MS Exch. Mailboxes after entering valid
    mailbox(BENT service account mailbox) with now problem. I can select
    mailboxes whichever I want. BUT mailboxes selection and run now/scheduled
    backup, my backup says failed. Check the backup log, it says Access denied
    on mailboxes.

    I don't really understand WHY because I can access and select any mailboxes
    I want for backup. Anybody there who can help me. Please HELP

    My EXCHANGE IS Remote Server and have backup exec on separate server.

    I don't have problem on ver 8.0 in backing mailboxes. The only reason I
    upgraded is as per Veritas Techie instruction that there is some bugs in
    restoring mailboxes on ver 8.0.

    TIA

  2. Re: Mailbox problem on 8.5 ver

    you just have to verify that the BE service account has sufficient rights,
    at least admin rights\ site \config \server
    "renrobin" wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > Just upgraded BENT 8 (for NT 4) to 8.5. Have resolve all issues after
    > upgrade EXCEPT brick level backup for mailboxes. I can browse and see all
    > mailboxes when I drilled down to MS Exch. Mailboxes after entering valid
    > mailbox(BENT service account mailbox) with now problem. I can select
    > mailboxes whichever I want. BUT mailboxes selection and run now/scheduled
    > backup, my backup says failed. Check the backup log, it says Access denied
    > on mailboxes.
    >
    > I don't really understand WHY because I can access and select any

    mailboxes
    > I want for backup. Anybody there who can help me. Please HELP
    >
    > My EXCHANGE IS Remote Server and have backup exec on separate server.
    >
    > I don't have problem on ver 8.0 in backing mailboxes. The only reason I
    > upgraded is as per Veritas Techie instruction that there is some bugs in
    > restoring mailboxes on ver 8.0.
    >
    > TIA

+ Reply to Thread