Unable to connect to the serves - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to connect to the serves - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hi, I installed BackupExec 8.5 in a Windows NT 4 SP4 which is a BDC. When trying to access other computers in my network through the Windows Network, I can see all of then, but I can't select none of ...

  1. Unable to connect to the serves

    Hi,

    I installed BackupExec 8.5 in a Windows NT 4 SP4 which is a BDC.
    When trying to access other computers in my network through the Windows
    Network, I can see all of then, but I can't select none of my servers,
    neither my backup server and I can't list none of its drives. I can access
    only the workstations.
    My BackupExec account is member of Domain Admins, wich is member of
    administrators local group on all my servers.
    I already tried to change the default account for connection, to use "attach
    as" and change the account for BackupExec services to the administrator
    account, but I still can't connect to any server.
    When connecting using the normal ways, everything is perfect.

    Please, anybody can help me?

    Thanks in advance.

  2. Re: Unable to connect to the serves

    "Andre" wrote:
    >Hi,
    >
    >I installed BackupExec 8.5 in a Windows NT 4 SP4 which is a BDC.
    >When trying to access other computers in my network through the Windows
    >Network, I can see all of then, but I can't select none of my servers,
    >neither my backup server and I can't list none of its drives. I can access
    >only the workstations.
    >My BackupExec account is member of Domain Admins, wich is member of
    >administrators local group on all my servers.
    >I already tried to change the default account for connection, to use "attach
    >as" and change the account for BackupExec services to the administrator
    >account, but I still can't connect to any server.
    >When connecting using the normal ways, everything is perfect.
    >
    >Please, anybody can help me?
    >
    >Thanks in advance.

    Make sure you reboot your target servers after successfully
    installing the agent accelerators on them.
    For 8.x you get three agents. If you need more you must buy
    them.

  3. Re: Unable to connect to the serves

    I didnīt restart the server where I installed the Remote Agent. But
    shouldnīt I access my servers even without installing the Remote Agent? I
    have servers that do not have the Remote Agent installed and I also canīt
    access then.

    Can you help me?

    Thanks.

    "Doug Cook" wrote in message news:3aacf616@hronntp01....

    > "Andre" wrote:
    > >Hi,
    > >
    > >I installed BackupExec 8.5 in a Windows NT 4 SP4 which is a BDC.
    > >When trying to access other computers in my network through the Windows
    > >Network, I can see all of then, but I can't select none of my servers,
    > >neither my backup server and I can't list none of its drives. I can

    access
    > >only the workstations.
    > >My BackupExec account is member of Domain Admins, wich is member of
    > >administrators local group on all my servers.
    > >I already tried to change the default account for connection, to use

    "attach
    > >as" and change the account for BackupExec services to the administrator
    > >account, but I still can't connect to any server.
    > >When connecting using the normal ways, everything is perfect.
    > >
    > >Please, anybody can help me?
    > >
    > >Thanks in advance.
    > >

    > Make sure you reboot your target servers after successfully
    > installing the agent accelerators on them.
    > For 8.x you get three agents. If you need more you must buy
    > them.

  4. Re: Unable to connect to the serves

    I also have the same problem that Andre is having.
    I have installed the latest release in hopes that it would solve the problem
    of not seeing the servers on the network. What is really strange is I don't
    see the Agent or Servers, however, I can see all of the 98 and NT
    Workstation machines just fine.

    Miles K.

    "Andre" wrote in message news:3aad0aa8@hronntp01....
    > I didnīt restart the server where I installed the Remote Agent. But
    > shouldnīt I access my servers even without installing the Remote Agent? I
    > have servers that do not have the Remote Agent installed and I also canīt
    > access then.
    >
    > Can you help me?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > "Doug Cook" wrote in message news:3aacf616@hronntp01....
    > >
    > > "Andre" wrote:
    > > >Hi,
    > > >
    > > >I installed BackupExec 8.5 in a Windows NT 4 SP4 which is a BDC.
    > > >When trying to access other computers in my network through the Windows
    > > >Network, I can see all of then, but I can't select none of my servers,
    > > >neither my backup server and I can't list none of its drives. I can

    > access
    > > >only the workstations.
    > > >My BackupExec account is member of Domain Admins, wich is member of
    > > >administrators local group on all my servers.
    > > >I already tried to change the default account for connection, to use

    > "attach
    > > >as" and change the account for BackupExec services to the administrator
    > > >account, but I still can't connect to any server.
    > > >When connecting using the normal ways, everything is perfect.
    > > >
    > > >Please, anybody can help me?
    > > >
    > > >Thanks in advance.
    > > >

    > > Make sure you reboot your target servers after successfully
    > > installing the agent accelerators on them.
    > > For 8.x you get three agents. If you need more you must buy
    > > them.

  5. Re: Unable to connect to the serves

    Hello Miles,

    i've this problem too.
    Does anyone know why?

    Thx Aik

    "Miles Kaplan" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > I also have the same problem that Andre is having.
    > I have installed the latest release in hopes that it would solve the

    problem
    > of not seeing the servers on the network. What is really strange is I

    don't
    > see the Agent or Servers, however, I can see all of the 98 and NT
    > Workstation machines just fine.

  6. Re: Unable to connect to the serves

    I am having this same problem. With my license key I am able to push the
    Remote Agent but cannot see the servers.
    If I install in demo mode with everything enabled I see the remote servers
    just fine.
    Does anyone know the reason for this? None of the servers are Advanced
    Servers. Can see 2kpro just fine.
    "Aik Hochlaender" wrote in message
    > Hello Miles,
    >
    > i've this problem too.
    > Does anyone know why?
    >

    > Thx Aik
    >
    > "Miles Kaplan" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
    > > I also have the same problem that Andre is having.
    > > I have installed the latest release in hopes that it would solve the

    > problem
    > > of not seeing the servers on the network. What is really strange is I

    > don't
    > > see the Agent or Servers, however, I can see all of the 98 and NT
    > > Workstation machines just fine.

  7. Re: Unable to connect to the serves

    I have seen this problem too. I found I hadn't got the remote agent license
    key installed. I ran the Bankup exec 8.5 install again selecting only to
    install options. I entered the license key which inlocked the other servers
    on the network! ( These were ghosted out before this ) To double check all
    your network and account config is setup correctley, install the evaluation
    software which is fully active for 60 days, this should give you at least
    the functionallity to diagnose where the problem is. E.g. If the servers
    are available in the evaluation then there cant be a connectivity issue.
    Even if the evaluation copy comes up with expired it will still prove you
    can see the other servers and they are available. (it just wont let you backup

+ Reply to Thread