Access is denied to directory ?(mailbox) [mailbox] - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Access is denied to directory ?(mailbox) [mailbox] - Veritas Backup Exec ; In trying to get a brick level backup of Exchange 2000, I receive the following errors for a select few mailboxes. Access is denied to directory ?(mailbox)[mailbox] Of my 150 or so mailboxes, I get this error for only 6 ...

  1. Access is denied to directory ?(mailbox) [mailbox]

    In trying to get a brick level backup of Exchange 2000, I receive the following
    errors for a select few mailboxes.

    Access is denied to directory ?(mailbox)[mailbox]

    Of my 150 or so mailboxes, I get this error for only 6 mailboxes. These
    mailboxes have been backed up fine in the past.

    Any ideas?

  2. Re: Access is denied to directory ?(mailbox) [mailbox]

    "Andres" wrote:

    >In trying to get a brick level backup of Exchange 2000, I receive the following
    >errors for a select few mailboxes.
    >
    >Access is denied to directory ?(mailbox)[mailbox]
    >
    >Of my 150 or so mailboxes, I get this error for only 6 mailboxes. These
    >mailboxes have been backed up fine in the past.
    >
    >Any ideas?

    The release notes for 8.5 state the following as being fixed....
    When backing up Exchange mailbox messages with long subject lines, the messages
    "Access denied"

    http://www.support.veritas.com/menu_ddProduct_BEWNT.htm
    TechNote Title: Release Notes for Backup Exec for Windows NT v8.5, revision
    3571
    TechNote ID: 231875

  3. Re: Access is denied to directory ?(mailbox) [mailbox]

    what error do you get if you run SGMon during the backup. You find info on
    VERITAS support site on how to run SGMon.
    "Backup Dude" wrote in message news:3aab06f2$1@hronntp01....

    > "Andres" wrote:
    > >
    > >In trying to get a brick level backup of Exchange 2000, I receive the

    following
    > >errors for a select few mailboxes.
    > >
    > >Access is denied to directory ?(mailbox)[mailbox]
    > >
    > >Of my 150 or so mailboxes, I get this error for only 6 mailboxes. These
    > >mailboxes have been backed up fine in the past.
    > >
    > >Any ideas?
    > >

    > The release notes for 8.5 state the following as being fixed....
    > When backing up Exchange mailbox messages with long subject lines, the

    messages
    > "Access denied"
    >
    > http://www.support.veritas.com/menu_ddProduct_BEWNT.htm
    > TechNote Title: Release Notes for Backup Exec for Windows NT v8.5,

    revision
    > 3571
    > TechNote ID: 231875

+ Reply to Thread