corrupt file -- unable to verify (mailbox backup) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on corrupt file -- unable to verify (mailbox backup) - Veritas Backup Exec ; We've installed the current build for Exec 8.5 for NT/2000 (build 3572). The release notes state this build would 'correct' this. Anyone having the same issues?...

  1. corrupt file -- unable to verify (mailbox backup)

    We've installed the current build for Exec 8.5 for NT/2000 (build 3572).
    The release notes state this build would 'correct' this. Anyone having the
    same issues?

  2. Re: corrupt file -- unable to verify (mailbox backup)

    I am having the same problem, at first it was claimed that exchange service
    pack 4 would solve it, then we were promised that the new build would resolve
    it but alas, after a whopping 138 megabyte download on a 56k link we are
    still having the same issue.

    Be glad if anyone comes up with an answer, the backup is working fine and
    restoring too, its just annoying that it causes the job to think it has failed
    when actually its fine.

    OJG

    "Larry Miller" wrote:

    >We've installed the current build for Exec 8.5 for NT/2000 (build 3572).

    >The release notes state this build would 'correct' this. Anyone having

    the
    >same issues?

  3. Re: corrupt file -- unable to verify (mailbox backup)

    One way of "fixing" this problem (at least for now) is to modify the
    registry key that fails jobs on corrupt files. Of course, if there really
    *was* a corrupt file, you wouldn't know it based on the completion status.

    todd

    "oliver greenacre" wrote in message

    > I am having the same problem, at first it was claimed that exchange

    service
    > pack 4 would solve it, then we were promised that the new build would

    resolve
    > it but alas, after a whopping 138 megabyte download on a 56k link we are
    > still having the same issue.
    >
    > Be glad if anyone comes up with an answer, the backup is working fine and
    > restoring too, its just annoying that it causes the job to think it has

    failed
    > when actually its fine.
    >
    > OJG
    >
    > "Larry Miller" wrote:
    > >
    > >We've installed the current build for Exec 8.5 for NT/2000 (build 3572).

    > >The release notes state this build would 'correct' this. Anyone having

    > the
    > >same issues?

  4. Re: corrupt file -- unable to verify (mailbox backup)

    Thanks for the advice - sorry to sound daft but could you tell me which registry
    key I need to modify, it doesnt appear to stand out.

    Also if anyone at Veritas would like to know, the specific error code generated
    in SGMON on the mailbox being backed up is as follows: (it doesnt appear
    to be a message but the mailbox size which is causing the problem)

    [BRHE]?Top of Information Store?Inbox??????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????Mailbox
    Size
    290: 5c 3/12/2001 10:14:24:
    290: MAPIMsg::ReadAttachByValue( ): m_pAttach->OpenProperty() Failed!!
    Error Msg = Error description is not available
    LowLevelError: 0x00000000 context: 0
    Return Code: 0x8004010f
    290: 5c 3/12/2001 10:14:24:
    290: MailBoxDS::CloseObj
    290: 5c 3/12/2001 10:14:24:
    290: MailBoxDS::OpenObj: dblk->com.os_name->name=Eyre, Heather

    "Todd Fatheree" wrote:
    >One way of "fixing" this problem (at least for now) is to modify the
    >registry key that fails jobs on corrupt files. Of course, if there really
    >*was* a corrupt file, you wouldn't know it based on the completion status.
    >
    >todd
    >
    >"oliver greenacre" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I am having the same problem, at first it was claimed that exchange

    >service
    >> pack 4 would solve it, then we were promised that the new build would

    >resolve
    >> it but alas, after a whopping 138 megabyte download on a 56k link we are
    >> still having the same issue.
    >>
    >> Be glad if anyone comes up with an answer, the backup is working fine

    and
    >> restoring too, its just annoying that it causes the job to think it has

    >failed
    >> when actually its fine.
    >>
    >> OJG
    >>
    >> "Larry Miller" wrote:
    >> >
    >> >We've installed the current build for Exec 8.5 for NT/2000 (build 3572).

    >> >The release notes state this build would 'correct' this. Anyone having

    >> the
    >> >same issues?

  5. Re: corrupt file -- unable to verify (mailbox backup)

    Do only apply the reg change as an temporary "fix" be aware of what this
    actually does. If any corruption occur the job will not fail. You need to
    check all logs.
    You do also need to open a cal with Veritas Tech Support. They need to know
    about this.

    > Thanks for the advice - sorry to sound daft but could you tell me which

    registry
    > key I need to modify, it doesnt appear to stand out.
    >
    > Also if anyone at Veritas would like to know, the specific error code

    generated
    > in SGMON on the mailbox being backed up is as follows: (it doesnt appear
    > to be a message but the mailbox size which is causing the problem)
    >
    > [BRHE]?Top of Information

    Store?Inbox??????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????
    ???????Mailbox
    > Size
    > 290: 5c 3/12/2001 10:14:24:
    > 290: MAPIMsg::ReadAttachByValue( ): m_pAttach->OpenProperty() Failed!!
    > Error Msg = Error description is not available
    > LowLevelError: 0x00000000 context: 0
    > Return Code: 0x8004010f
    > 290: 5c 3/12/2001 10:14:24:
    > 290: MailBoxDS::CloseObj
    > 290: 5c 3/12/2001 10:14:24:
    > 290: MailBoxDS::OpenObj: dblk->com.os_name->name=Eyre, Heather
    >
    > "Todd Fatheree" wrote:
    > >One way of "fixing" this problem (at least for now) is to modify the
    > >registry key that fails jobs on corrupt files. Of course, if there

    really
    > >*was* a corrupt file, you wouldn't know it based on the completion

    status.

    > >todd
    > >
    > >"oliver greenacre" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> I am having the same problem, at first it was claimed that exchange

    > >service
    > >> pack 4 would solve it, then we were promised that the new build would

    > >resolve
    > >> it but alas, after a whopping 138 megabyte download on a 56k link we

    are
    > >> still having the same issue.
    > >>
    > >> Be glad if anyone comes up with an answer, the backup is working fine

    > and
    > >> restoring too, its just annoying that it causes the job to think it has

    > >failed
    > >> when actually its fine.
    > >>
    > >> OJG

    3572).

    having
    > >> the

  6. Re: corrupt file -- unable to verify (mailbox backup)

    I realise this is only a temporary fix and I will log with Veritas but I still
    dont know which key I need to change?

    Thanks in advance

+ Reply to Thread