Difference encountered in file data - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Difference encountered in file data - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello, I have installed BE 8.5 on Win2000 SP1. It works for some months, but now I get every night a message: difference encountered in file data. The file is different. The job fails. The error is only when backing ...

  1. Difference encountered in file data

    Hello,
    I have installed BE 8.5 on Win2000 SP1.
    It works for some months, but now I get every night a message:

    difference encountered in file data. The file is different.

    The job fails.
    The error is only when backing up a remote machine (4 machines). The machines
    have WinNT 4 SP5.

  2. Re: Difference encountered in file data

    "Falk Mai" wrote:

    >Hello,
    >I have installed BE 8.5 on Win2000 SP1.
    >It works for some months, but now I get every night a message:
    >
    >difference encountered in file data. The file is different.
    >
    >The job fails.
    >The error is only when backing up a remote machine (4 machines). The machines
    >have WinNT 4 SP5.

    I'm getting the exact same errors.
    Only on the local machine with Win2K SP1 didn't even try it on a remote machine.
    I already checked termination but that seems to be OK?
    Did you already found a solution?

  3. Re: Difference encountered in file data

    No, I posted again yesterday - I really need to find a solution for this one.

    "Filip Heens" wrote:

    >"Falk Mai" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hello,
    >>I have installed BE 8.5 on Win2000 SP1.
    >>It works for some months, but now I get every night a message:
    >>
    >>difference encountered in file data. The file is different.
    >>
    >>The job fails.
    >>The error is only when backing up a remote machine (4 machines). The machines
    >>have WinNT 4 SP5.
    >>

    >I'm getting the exact same errors.
    >Only on the local machine with Win2K SP1 didn't even try it on a remote

    machine.
    >I already checked termination but that seems to be OK?
    >Did you already found a solution?

  4. Re: Difference encountered in file data

    I think I have a solution for my problem.

    I have an Compaq Proliant DL580 (Windows 2000 SP1) with Adaptec 2944UW in
    an Hot Plug PCI. Since I inserted the adapter last week in an NON Hot Plug
    PCI the error was not shown. I have also updated the DL580 BIOS and I use
    the 2944 driver version 1.00 b from Adaptec.

    I hope this is the solution.

    "Tony Cimello" wrote:

    >No, I posted again yesterday - I really need to find a solution for this

    one.

    >"Filip Heens" wrote:
    >>
    >>"Falk Mai" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>Hello,
    >>>I have installed BE 8.5 on Win2000 SP1.
    >>>It works for some months, but now I get every night a message:
    >>>
    >>>difference encountered in file data. The file is different.
    >>>
    >>>The job fails.
    >>>The error is only when backing up a remote machine (4 machines). The machines
    >>>have WinNT 4 SP5.
    >>>

    >>I'm getting the exact same errors.
    >>Only on the local machine with Win2K SP1 didn't even try it on a remote

    >machine.
    >>I already checked termination but that seems to be OK?
    >>Did you already found a solution?

+ Reply to Thread