NT4 server hangs with Exchange message - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on NT4 server hangs with Exchange message - Veritas Backup Exec ; Looking for an answer to this one. I have an NT server, which is the PDC on this domain. It is running Veritas Backup Exec 8.5 with the Exchange option. We are running Exchange 5.5 on a seperate machine. Over ...

  1. NT4 server hangs with Exchange message

    Looking for an answer to this one. I have an NT server, which is the PDC
    on this domain. It is running Veritas Backup Exec 8.5 with the Exchange
    option. We are running Exchange 5.5 on a seperate machine. Over the past
    couple of weeks, about once a day (on average) the machine locks up and is
    nonresponsive to the point of needing to be hard booted (eyuuck!) After
    the reboot, we look at the event log and not more often than not, the following
    error message:

    Unable to load the file ESEBCLI2.DLL. This dynamic link library is used
    to backup and restore Microsoft Exchange Servers. EDBBCLI.DLL is used by
    Microsoft Exchange 5.x. ESEBCLI2.DLL is used by Microsoft Exchange 2000.
    If the specified DLL is for a version of Exchange Server that you do not
    wish to support, you may ignore this warning.
    Error code: 126
    Error message: The specified module could not be found.

    I know we should be able to ignore the message, but it seems that this error
    pops up about the same time that the machine locks up.

    I spoke with some folks at Veritas and they tell me that there is no way
    to get rid of this message (which shows up as a bright red warning message
    in event viewer) - but they also assure me that this should cause no problem.

    Something else to think about.....

    We were running the OFO on this machine, but due to another application installed
    which requires its own Open File Manager, I removed it - at least I think
    I did. According to Veritas Tech documents, I should have seen this in the
    Add/Remove Program list, but it was never there. The only way I could -
    I assume - remove it was to go through the install, and at the page where
    you install other options, remove the serial number and entry for the OFO
    and continue with the upgrade install. This removes the OFO from the installation
    options, but I have no indication that the agent was removed..... Anyone
    know how to really remove that option? I really think that my two OF options/manager
    are running and hating each other. That is the only thing I can think of,
    and until I am 100% sure I have removed the OFO for Veritas, I won't be comfortable.

    Thanks in advance for any help...

    Ken

  2. Re: NT4 server hangs with Exchange message

    copy edbbcli.dll from your exchange server to system32 on the server were BE
    is installed. Recycle services.
    fixed.
    OFO correctly is uninstalled from add-remove.
    If it is installed it HAS to be there.
    By removing the serial number is not a good way of uninstalling.
    What is the ohter application you refer to.
    Disable that Open file Manager. Reboot.
    Reinstall OFO.
    Reboot.
    Uninstall OFO, enable Open File Manager.
    Reboot.
    The reason for this is that OFM was running when you were installing OFO.
    This is the way to clean this mess up.
    Anyway BE does not support any other open file handlers than their own
    installed on the same system.
    "Ken Stigler" wrote in message

    > Looking for an answer to this one. I have an NT server, which is the PDC
    > on this domain. It is running Veritas Backup Exec 8.5 with the Exchange
    > option. We are running Exchange 5.5 on a seperate machine. Over the past
    > couple of weeks, about once a day (on average) the machine locks up and is
    > nonresponsive to the point of needing to be hard booted (eyuuck!) After
    > the reboot, we look at the event log and not more often than not, the

    following
    > error message:
    >
    > Unable to load the file ESEBCLI2.DLL. This dynamic link library is used
    > to backup and restore Microsoft Exchange Servers. EDBBCLI.DLL is used by
    > Microsoft Exchange 5.x. ESEBCLI2.DLL is used by Microsoft Exchange 2000.
    > If the specified DLL is for a version of Exchange Server that you do not
    > wish to support, you may ignore this warning.
    > Error code: 126
    > Error message: The specified module could not be found.
    >
    > I know we should be able to ignore the message, but it seems that this

    error
    > pops up about the same time that the machine locks up.
    >
    > I spoke with some folks at Veritas and they tell me that there is no way
    > to get rid of this message (which shows up as a bright red warning message
    > in event viewer) - but they also assure me that this should cause no

    problem.

    > Something else to think about.....
    >
    > We were running the OFO on this machine, but due to another application

    installed
    > which requires its own Open File Manager, I removed it - at least I think
    > I did. According to Veritas Tech documents, I should have seen this in

    the
    > Add/Remove Program list, but it was never there. The only way I could -
    > I assume - remove it was to go through the install, and at the page where
    > you install other options, remove the serial number and entry for the OFO
    > and continue with the upgrade install. This removes the OFO from the

    installation
    > options, but I have no indication that the agent was removed..... Anyone
    > know how to really remove that option? I really think that my two OF

    options/manager
    > are running and hating each other. That is the only thing I can think of,
    > and until I am 100% sure I have removed the OFO for Veritas, I won't be

    comfortable.

    > Thanks in advance for any help...
    >
    > Ken

+ Reply to Thread