Changing the Sequence the tape backs-up shares - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Changing the Sequence the tape backs-up shares - Veritas Backup Exec ; I would like help To find away to change the order files are backed-up. I need some files to backed-up right after the Tape Sequence is started and some done later when and the order is set by the software ...

  1. Changing the Sequence the tape backs-up shares

    I would like help
    To find away to change the order files are backed-up. I need some files to
    backed-up right after the Tape Sequence is started and some done later when
    and the order is set by the software can you let me know if this can be done.
    You would think it could be.
    The one way I can think of, is to have each night have two sets of backup
    but then even you are limited and this could cause other problems.

    Confused

    Clayton A. Lyon
    Network Technician
    Gemcom Software International Inc.

    Tel: +1-604-684-6550
    Fax: +1-604-684-3541
    e-mail: Claytonl@Gemcomsoftware.com
    web: www.gemcomsoftware.com

  2. Re: Changing the Sequence the tape backs-up shares

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/192088.htm

    clayton lyon wrote:

    > I would like help
    > To find away to change the order files are backed-up. I need some files to
    > backed-up right after the Tape Sequence is started and some done later when
    > and the order is set by the software can you let me know if this can be done.
    > You would think it could be.
    > The one way I can think of, is to have each night have two sets of backup
    > but then even you are limited and this could cause other problems.
    >
    > Confused
    >
    > Clayton A. Lyon
    > Network Technician
    > Gemcom Software International Inc.