SQL Agent Licenses - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on SQL Agent Licenses - Veritas Backup Exec ; Do I need to buy one agent for microsoft SQL server per remote SQL server? I already have the Remote Agents for the servers, but will I be able to backup, say, two or three different sql machines with one ...

  1. SQL Agent Licenses

    Do I need to buy one agent for microsoft SQL server per remote SQL server?
    I already have the Remote Agents for the servers, but will I be able to backup,
    say, two or three different sql machines with one SQL Agent? Or do I have
    to enter as many licenses as I have machines.
    thanks

  2. Re: SQL Agent Licenses

    A SQL Agent license is required for each SQL Server plus the Remote Agent
    that you have. I think that this started with version 8.x

    Alex

    "Adam Groening" wrote in message

    > Do I need to buy one agent for microsoft SQL server per remote SQL server?
    > I already have the Remote Agents for the servers, but will I be able to

    backup,
    > say, two or three different sql machines with one SQL Agent? Or do I have
    > to enter as many licenses as I have machines.
    > thanks

+ Reply to Thread