Corrupt File in MS Exchange - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Corrupt File in MS Exchange - Veritas Backup Exec ; I keep receiving this on 2 users' Exchange mailboxes on files which are indeed NOT corrupt. Why is this happening? I understand that there may be a technote on this. Please provide a link directly to that tech note. Thanks, ...

  1. Corrupt File in MS Exchange

    I keep receiving this on 2 users' Exchange mailboxes on files which are indeed
    NOT corrupt.

    Why is this happening? I understand that there may be a technote on this.
    Please provide a link directly to that tech note.

    Thanks,
    Jason Alden

  2. Re: Corrupt File in MS Exchange

    This is a known problem with individual mailbox backup. Supposedly, this
    has been fixed. See http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/234568.htm and
    http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/231185.htm.

    However, I still suggest against using individual mailbox backup. To get a
    proper backup, you need to get the Information Store and Directory. See
    http://mail.tekscan.com/nomailboxes.htm for more my rant against individual
    mailbox backup and a list of important Exhcange links. At the very least,
    you need to read
    http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/te...kupRestore.htm.

    Charles Villa

    "Jason Alden" wrote in message

    > I keep receiving this on 2 users' Exchange mailboxes on files which are

    indeed
    > NOT corrupt.
    >
    > Why is this happening? I understand that there may be a technote on this.
    > Please provide a link directly to that tech note.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Jason Alden

+ Reply to Thread