Zip drive support in BE8.0? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Zip drive support in BE8.0? - Veritas Backup Exec ; Does BE 8.0 support a parallel port connected Iomega Zip 100 drive? I know it supports a SCSI connected Zip 100 but I can't make it recognize my parallel port conencted Zip 100 on a Windows 2000 server, even though ...

  1. Zip drive support in BE8.0?

    Does BE 8.0 support a parallel port connected Iomega Zip 100 drive? I know
    it supports a SCSI connected Zip 100 but I can't make it recognize my
    parallel port conencted Zip 100 on a Windows 2000 server, even though it has
    the Library option set in its properties under the Removable drive manager.

    TIA

    davec

  2. Re: Zip drive support in BE8.0?

    The BackupExec Server product has not supported parallel port backup devices
    since v6.11 (since we're talking servers here, not desktops)

    For what it's worth, you can request this support at
    http://enhancement.veritas.com

    Admin wrote:

    > Does BE 8.0 support a parallel port connected Iomega Zip 100 drive? I know
    > it supports a SCSI connected Zip 100 but I can't make it recognize my
    > parallel port conencted Zip 100 on a Windows 2000 server, even though it has
    > the Library option set in its properties under the Removable drive manager.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > davec

+ Reply to Thread