partutil - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on partutil - Veritas Backup Exec ; Using BENT 7.3 with an HP 24/6i autoloader. Trying to use PARTUTIL to setup each slot separately, but PARTUTIL seems to have no effect. I've read the docs and Veritas Knowledge Base but no joy. Anybody have this combo and ...

  1. partutil

    Using BENT 7.3 with an HP 24/6i autoloader. Trying to use PARTUTIL to setup
    each slot separately, but PARTUTIL seems to have no effect. I've read the
    docs and Veritas Knowledge Base but no joy. Anybody have this combo and
    gotten PARTUTIL to work?

    GaryK

  2. Re: partutil

    The key is name of Robotics displays when you're running partutil.exe
    without parameter .
    eg.
    \PATH\Partutil.exe
    Changer="ADIC 0 (MACBETH)" Type="CHANGER FS=1" Partitions=1

    You must use following form to create partition. (eg. 2 partition of slot
    1-4 and 5 - 7)

    \Path\partutil -changer=”ADIC 0 (MACBETH)” -partitions=1,5

    ** note : changer name must be exactly same as name that display when you
    run partutil (no params)
    Wisanu Srirak
    Please see Partutil.pdf page 10 for more detail. (same path of partutil.exe)

    "Gary Karasik" wrote in message
    > Using BENT 7.3 with an HP 24/6i autoloader. Trying to use PARTUTIL to

    setup
    > each slot separately, but PARTUTIL seems to have no effect. I've read the
    > docs and Veritas Knowledge Base but no joy. Anybody have this combo and
    > gotten PARTUTIL to work?
    >
    > GaryK

  3. Re: partutil

    Thanks VERY much, Wisanu. Typing the changer name EXACTLY as it appeared
    after running PARTUTIL without parameters fixed the problem.

    GaryK

    Wisanu Srirak wrote:

    > The key is name of Robotics displays when you're running partutil.exe
    > without parameter .
    > eg.
    > \PATH\Partutil.exe
    > Changer="ADIC 0 (MACBETH)" Type="CHANGER FS=1" Partitions=1
    >
    > You must use following form to create partition. (eg. 2 partition of slot
    > 1-4 and 5 - 7)
    >
    > \Path\partutil -changer=”ADIC 0 (MACBETH)” -partitions=1,5
    >
    > ** note : changer name must be exactly same as name that display when you
    > run partutil (no params)
    > Wisanu Srirak
    > Please see Partutil.pdf page 10 for more detail. (same path of partutil.exe)
    >
    > "Gary Karasik" wrote in message
    > > Using BENT 7.3 with an HP 24/6i autoloader. Trying to use PARTUTIL to

    > setup
    > > each slot separately, but PARTUTIL seems to have no effect. I've read the
    > > docs and Veritas Knowledge Base but no joy. Anybody have this combo and
    > > gotten PARTUTIL to work?
    > >
    > > GaryK

+ Reply to Thread