Unable to get biparam.ini top work in sap r/3 - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to get biparam.ini top work in sap r/3 - Veritas Backup Exec ; No we have tried any thing, but somehow the ini file dosent, want to be used in our sap R3. We are following the intruction and from the sapdba console telling that the configuration file for the backup is biparam.ini, ...

  1. Unable to get biparam.ini top work in sap r/3

    No we have tried any thing, but somehow the ini file dosent, want to be used
    in our sap R3. We are following the intruction and from the sapdba console
    telling that the configuration file for the backup is biparam.ini, but i
    says alln the time. Syntax error...
    Is there anybody, there might cut help me, with the biparam.ini file ??

    Best regards B. Henriksen

  2. Re: Unable to get biparam.ini top work in sap r/3

    "B. Henriksen" wrote:

    >No we have tried any thing, but somehow the ini file dosent, want to be

    used
    >in our sap R3. We are following the intruction and from the sapdba console
    >telling that the configuration file for the backup is biparam.ini, but i
    >says alln the time. Syntax error...
    >Is there anybody, there might cut help me, with the biparam.ini file ??
    >
    > Best regards B. Henriksen

    We have the biparam.ini file with the full path defined in the
    init(sid).sap file under a parameter util_par_file. When running
    from SAP, SAP 4.6b wants to know the init(sid).sap file.

  3. Re: Unable to get biparam.ini top work in sap r/3

    "brian gurr" wrote:

    >"B. Henriksen" wrote:
    >>
    >>No we have tried any thing, but somehow the ini file dosent, want to be

    >used
    >>in our sap R3. We are following the intruction and from the sapdba console
    >>telling that the configuration file for the backup is biparam.ini, but

    >>says alln the time. Syntax error...
    >>Is there anybody, there might cut help me, with the biparam.ini file ??
    >>
    >> Best regards B. Henriksen

    >We have the biparam.ini file with the full path defined in the
    >init(sid).sap file under a parameter util_par_file. When running
    >from SAP, SAP 4.6b wants to know the init(sid).sap file.

    Okay - you have the file. But how and where do you define that it is veritas
    who shall make the backup and not sap's own backup system ??

  4. Re: Unable to get biparam.ini top work in sap r/3

    "B. Henriksen" wrote:

    >"brian gurr" wrote:
    >>
    >>"B. Henriksen" wrote:
    >>>
    >>>No we have tried any thing, but somehow the ini file dosent, want to be

    >>used
    >>>in our sap R3. We are following the intruction and from the sapdba console
    >>>telling that the configuration file for the backup is biparam.ini, but

    >>>says alln the time. Syntax error...
    >>>Is there anybody, there might cut help me, with the biparam.ini file ??
    >>>
    >>> Best regards B. Henriksen

    >>We have the biparam.ini file with the full path defined in the
    >>init(sid).sap file under a parameter util_par_file. When running
    >>from SAP, SAP 4.6b wants to know the init(sid).sap file.

    >Okay - you have the file. But how and where do you define that it is veritas
    >who shall make the backup and not sap's own backup system ??

    It is all down to the settings in the init(sid).sap file. The init(sid).sap
    file is the file Brbackup users to determine the type of backup. The parameter
    backup_dev_type set to util_file or util_file_online directs brbackup to
    look for a backint.exe.
    The backint.exe is part of the veritas R/3 agent which directs backup exec
    to do the backup. The other parameter in the init(sid).sap file is the util_par_file.
    Have this set to the full directory where the biparam.ini is, and the biparam.ini
    file should be used. Hope this helps...Brian

+ Reply to Thread