Unable to Connect to Registry Error when installing agent accelerator - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to Connect to Registry Error when installing agent accelerator - Veritas Backup Exec ; I have BUE 8.5 running and I can't install the agent accelerator for Windows 2K server on another server. I have all the license codes entered and enough agents. When I go through the setup steps, the accelerator looks like ...

  1. Unable to Connect to Registry Error when installing agent accelerator

    I have BUE 8.5 running and I can't install the agent accelerator for Windows
    2K server on another server. I have all the license codes entered and
    enough agents. When I go through the setup steps, the accelerator looks
    like it's installing but errors out with the Following Error:

    Unable to connect to the Registry.

    What is the problem?

  2. Re: Unable to Connect to Registry Error when installing agent accelerator

    I am getting this message also.

    I have a W2K server running a fresh install of BE8.6 with RANT and OFO being
    applied to a remote W2K server. No matter what account I use (deleting and
    re-creating the account does not help) I get the following error:

    'Unable to connect to registry on \\SERVERNAME'
    CoBESetup(118)(-2147024843)

    The account being used to connect to from the BE server is a member of Administrators/Backup
    Operators and Users groups and has the 'log on as a service' right granted.

    I have tried other new accounts and al produce the same error.

    I have also tried the fix listed in TID:240179 on the Veritas KB and this
    has not fixed it. So anyone who knows how to correct this or get around it,
    your help would be very welcome!

    Regards
    Lewis

    "Roy" wrote:
    >I have BUE 8.5 running and I can't install the agent accelerator for Windows
    >2K server on another server. I have all the license codes entered and
    >enough agents. When I go through the setup steps, the accelerator looks
    >like it's installing but errors out with the Following Error:
    >
    >Unable to connect to the Registry.
    >
    >What is the problem?

  3. Re: Unable to Connect to Registry Error when installing agent accelerator

    Is the machine you are trying to backup behind a firewall?

    "Lewis Collins" wrote in message

    > I am getting this message also.
    >
    > I have a W2K server running a fresh install of BE8.6 with RANT and OFO

    being
    > applied to a remote W2K server. No matter what account I use (deleting and
    > re-creating the account does not help) I get the following error:
    >
    > 'Unable to connect to registry on \\SERVERNAME'
    > CoBESetup(118)(-2147024843)
    >
    > The account being used to connect to from the BE server is a member of

    Administrators/Backup
    > Operators and Users groups and has the 'log on as a service' right

    granted.

    > I have tried other new accounts and al produce the same error.
    >
    > I have also tried the fix listed in TID:240179 on the Veritas KB and this
    > has not fixed it. So anyone who knows how to correct this or get around

    it,
    > your help would be very welcome!
    >
    > Regards
    > Lewis
    >
    > "Roy" wrote:
    > >I have BUE 8.5 running and I can't install the agent accelerator for

    Windows
    > >2K server on another server. I have all the license codes entered and
    > >enough agents. When I go through the setup steps, the accelerator looks
    > >like it's installing but errors out with the Following Error:
    > >
    > >Unable to connect to the Registry.
    > >
    > >What is the problem?

  4. Re: Unable to Connect to Registry Error when installing agent accelerator

    Now you come to mention it, yes it is...
    So the next dumb question becomes, what ports/sockets are required for BE
    and therefors what do I need to allow through the firewall. Or where to look
    for this (looking at KB now!)

    Cheers
    Lewis

    "Matt Vaughan" wrote:
    >Is the machine you are trying to backup behind a firewall?
    >

    >"Lewis Collins" wrote in message
    >>
    >> I am getting this message also.
    >>
    >> I have a W2K server running a fresh install of BE8.6 with RANT and OFO

    >being
    >> applied to a remote W2K server. No matter what account I use (deleting

    and
    >> re-creating the account does not help) I get the following error:
    >>
    >> 'Unable to connect to registry on \\SERVERNAME'
    >> CoBESetup(118)(-2147024843)
    >>
    >> The account being used to connect to from the BE server is a member of

    >Administrators/Backup
    >> Operators and Users groups and has the 'log on as a service' right

    >granted.
    >>
    >> I have tried other new accounts and al produce the same error.
    >>
    >> I have also tried the fix listed in TID:240179 on the Veritas KB and this
    >> has not fixed it. So anyone who knows how to correct this or get around

    >it,
    >> your help would be very welcome!
    >>
    >> Regards
    >> Lewis
    >>
    >> "Roy" wrote:
    >> >I have BUE 8.5 running and I can't install the agent accelerator for

    >Windows
    >> >2K server on another server. I have all the license codes entered and
    >> >enough agents. When I go through the setup steps, the accelerator looks
    >> >like it's installing but errors out with the Following Error:
    >> >
    >> >Unable to connect to the Registry.
    >> >
    >> >What is the problem?

  5. Re: Unable to Connect to Registry Error when installing agentaccelerator

    see http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/234123.htm

    Lewis Collins wrote:

    > Now you come to mention it, yes it is...
    > So the next dumb question becomes, what ports/sockets are required for BE
    > and therefors what do I need to allow through the firewall. Or where to look
    > for this (looking at KB now!)
    >
    > Cheers
    > Lewis
    >
    > "Matt Vaughan" wrote:
    > >Is the machine you are trying to backup behind a firewall?
    > >

    > >"Lewis Collins" wrote in message
    > >>
    > >> I am getting this message also.
    > >>
    > >> I have a W2K server running a fresh install of BE8.6 with RANT and OFO

    > >being
    > >> applied to a remote W2K server. No matter what account I use (deleting

    > and
    > >> re-creating the account does not help) I get the following error:
    > >>
    > >> 'Unable to connect to registry on \\SERVERNAME'
    > >> CoBESetup(118)(-2147024843)
    > >>
    > >> The account being used to connect to from the BE server is a member of

    > >Administrators/Backup
    > >> Operators and Users groups and has the 'log on as a service' right

    > >granted.
    > >>
    > >> I have tried other new accounts and al produce the same error.
    > >>
    > >> I have also tried the fix listed in TID:240179 on the Veritas KB and this
    > >> has not fixed it. So anyone who knows how to correct this or get around

    > >it,
    > >> your help would be very welcome!
    > >>
    > >> Regards

    > >Windows