Any progress on the System?state problem with 8.5? - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Any progress on the System?state problem with 8.5? - Veritas Backup Exec ; I thought I would ask to see if someone out there has figured this one out. I am STILL not able to get a system?state backup. Has veritas made a patch yet? Thanks Clark...

  1. Any progress on the System?state problem with 8.5?

    I thought I would ask to see if someone out there has figured this one out.
    I am STILL not able to get a system?state backup. Has veritas made a patch
    yet?

    Thanks

    Clark

  2. Re: Any progress on the System?state problem with 8.5?

    I am having the same problem. All backups go fine except that it can't
    attach to any system state. Stating that Administrative Privilege is
    required. I triple checked that the backup user service account belongs to
    the administrator local group on all the systems being backed up. The
    strange thing is,...it worked last week, now it doesn't work anymore...
    Anyone else having the same problem?

    Ronnie

    "Clark" wrote in message

    > I thought I would ask to see if someone out there has figured this one

    out.
    > I am STILL not able to get a system?state backup. Has veritas made a patch
    > yet?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Clark

  3. Re: Any progress on the System?state problem with 8.5?

    Here is the solution to the System?State problem you have been having. Just
    click on the link below.

    Thanks

    Dan

    "Ronnie Shih" wrote in message
    > I am having the same problem. All backups go fine except that it can't
    > attach to any system state. Stating that Administrative Privilege is
    > required. I triple checked that the backup user service account belongs

    > the administrator local group on all the systems being backed up. The
    > strange thing is,...it worked last week, now it doesn't work anymore...
    > Anyone else having the same problem?
    >
    > Ronnie
    >

    > "Clark" wrote in message
    > >
    > > I thought I would ask to see if someone out there has figured this one

    > out.
    > > I am STILL not able to get a system?state backup. Has veritas made a

    patch
    > > yet?
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Clark

  4. Re: Any progress on the System?state problem with 8.5?

    Back in Feb 2001, Ken Putnam suggested:

    "Try specifying the connect info as "domain\user" There seems to be a bug
    of some kind such that changing attach info doesn't work, so you'll probably
    have to stop BENT services, delete the BEWINUI.UNI file in the \NT directory,
    restart the services and re-enter all connect info for all you jobs."

    I specified the connect info like he said (in my case):

    Everyware/administrator

    instead of simply:

    administrator

    AND THAT DID IT!! I didn't have to delete BEWINUI.UNI or nuthin (although
    I did that earlier today for other reasons).

    Then I backed up the System State on my Active-Directory-enabled Win2K Advanced
    Server. SUCCESS!!

    "Clark" wrote:

    >I thought I would ask to see if someone out there has figured this one out.
    >I am STILL not able to get a system?state backup. Has veritas made a patch
    >yet?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Clark

+ Reply to Thread