backing up exchange 2000 individual mailboxes - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on backing up exchange 2000 individual mailboxes - Veritas Backup Exec ; hello guys, I have a problem with BE 8.5. Its running on Win2000 SP1 with remote agent, Agent for exchange 2000 and Open file option installed. The Exchange 2000 is running on remote win2000 SP1 machine. The problem is: When ...

  1. backing up exchange 2000 individual mailboxes

    hello guys,

    I have a problem with BE 8.5. Its running on Win2000 SP1 with remote agent,
    Agent for exchange 2000 and Open file option installed.
    The Exchange 2000 is running on remote win2000 SP1 machine. The problem
    is: When backing up individual mailboxes on Exchange machine, I cannot see
    all the mailboxes, just the first 100+ or so.
    Please advise, the mailbox backup is
    critical and we have this problem for some time now.

  2. Re: backing up exchange 2000 individual mailboxes

    You have posted this message at least three times. Slow down a little and
    wait for response.

    Charles Villa

    "shay" wrote in message news:3a937c5f$1@hronntp01....

    > hello guys,
    >

    > I have a problem with BE 8.5. Its running on Win2000 SP1 with remote

    agent,
    > Agent for exchange 2000 and Open file option installed.
    > The Exchange 2000 is running on remote win2000 SP1 machine. The problem
    > is: When backing up individual mailboxes on Exchange machine, I cannot see
    > all the mailboxes, just the first 100+ or so.
    > Please advise, the mailbox backup is
    > critical and we have this problem for some time now.

  3. Re: backing up exchange 2000 individual mailboxes

    Shay,

    Have you received an answer on this issue yet? I have the same thing going
    on over here where the mailbox list varies edverytime we open up the interface.
    Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

    William

    "shay" wrote:

    >hello guys,
    >

    > I have a problem with BE 8.5. Its running on Win2000 SP1 with remote agent,
    >Agent for exchange 2000 and Open file option installed.
    >The Exchange 2000 is running on remote win2000 SP1 machine. The problem
    >is: When backing up individual mailboxes on Exchange machine, I cannot see
    >all the mailboxes, just the first 100+ or so.
    >Please advise, the mailbox backup is
    >critical and we have this problem for some time now.

  4. Re: backing up exchange 2000 individual mailboxes

    Do you have an option to backup the whole IS? In my implementation (and
    others as read here) we have the option to backup individual mailboxes but
    not the whole enchilada in one shot.

    I'm trying to find out if this feature is available with BENT8.5/Exch 2k, or
    (more likely) what I don't have setup correctly.

    Thanks,
    Robert Blomquist

    "William Ninobla" wrote in message

    > Shay,
    >
    > Have you received an answer on this issue yet? I have the same thing

    going
    > on over here where the mailbox list varies edverytime we open up the

    interface.
    > Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    >
    > William
    >
    > "shay" wrote:
    > >

    > >hello guys,
    > >

    > > I have a problem with BE 8.5. Its running on Win2000 SP1 with remote

    agent,
    > >Agent for exchange 2000 and Open file option installed.
    > >The Exchange 2000 is running on remote win2000 SP1 machine. The problem
    > >is: When backing up individual mailboxes on Exchange machine, I cannot

    see
    > >all the mailboxes, just the first 100+ or so.
    > >Please advise, the mailbox backup is
    > >critical and we have this problem for some time now.

  5. Re: backing up exchange 2000 individual mailboxes

    to backup Exchange2000 you need

    BENT v8.5 or higher
    A purchased copy of the v8.5 Exchange Agent (the free download will upgrade the
    base code to v8.5 but not the SQL or Exchange Agents)
    The Exchange MMC snap-in must be installed on the BENT server

    Robert Blomquist wrote:

    > Do you have an option to backup the whole IS? In my implementation (and
    > others as read here) we have the option to backup individual mailboxes but
    > not the whole enchilada in one shot.
    >
    > I'm trying to find out if this feature is available with BENT8.5/Exch 2k, or
    > (more likely) what I don't have setup correctly.
    >
    > Thanks,
    > Robert Blomquist
    >
    > "William Ninobla" wrote in message
    > >
    > > Shay,
    > >
    > > Have you received an answer on this issue yet? I have the same thing

    > going
    > > on over here where the mailbox list varies edverytime we open up the

    > interface.
    > > Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    > >
    > > William
    > >
    > > "shay" wrote:
    > > >

    > > >hello guys,
    > > >

    > > > I have a problem with BE 8.5. Its running on Win2000 SP1 with remote

    > agent,
    > > >Agent for exchange 2000 and Open file option installed.
    > > >The Exchange 2000 is running on remote win2000 SP1 machine. The problem
    > > >is: When backing up individual mailboxes on Exchange machine, I cannot

    > see
    > > >all the mailboxes, just the first 100+ or so.
    > > >Please advise, the mailbox backup is
    > > >critical and we have this problem for some time now.

+ Reply to Thread