IDR Prep error for W2K Server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on IDR Prep error for W2K Server - Veritas Backup Exec ; I am getting an error when running the IDR Prep Wizard for a remote W2K server. I am attempting to create a CD image. BU Exec 8.5 is running on an NT 4.0 server. I get the following error: "Error ...

  1. IDR Prep error for W2K Server

    I am getting an error when running the IDR Prep Wizard for a remote W2K
    server. I am attempting to create a CD image. BU Exec 8.5 is running on an
    NT 4.0 server. I get the following error: "Error comparing version of
    \\server\c$\winnt\system32\drivers\adpu160m.sys" At this point I respond
    "OK". The status of the prep is "done", but the buttons I can click are
    "back", "cancel" or "help". The "next" button is not present. When I
    attempt to create a bootable CD with the ISO file that was created, I only
    get the files cdrom_is.5 and cdrom_nt.5 created on the CD. This leads me to
    believe that the ISO file was not created properly. I have been able to
    successfully go throught this entire process for an NT server.

  2. Re: IDR Prep error for W2K Server

    Hello Doug:
    I encountered the same problem. I saw that you posted your event febr 2001.
    Did you find an answer to your problem? If not, I'm sorry to have bothered
    you. If you have found a solution, I would be thankful if you would like
    to share this information with me.

    "Doug Dockter" wrote:
    >I am getting an error when running the IDR Prep Wizard for a remote W2K
    >server. I am attempting to create a CD image. BU Exec 8.5 is running on

    an
    >NT 4.0 server. I get the following error: "Error comparing version of
    >\\server\c$\winnt\system32\drivers\adpu160m.sys" At this point I respond
    >"OK". The status of the prep is "done", but the buttons I can click are
    >"back", "cancel" or "help". The "next" button is not present. When I
    >attempt to create a bootable CD with the ISO file that was created, I only
    >get the files cdrom_is.5 and cdrom_nt.5 created on the CD. This leads me

    >believe that the ISO file was not created properly. I have been able to
    >successfully go throught this entire process for an NT server.

+ Reply to Thread