BE 8.5 NT/2000 restoring trustee rights to NetWare server - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on BE 8.5 NT/2000 restoring trustee rights to NetWare server - Veritas Backup Exec ; BE 8.5 NT/2000 restoring trustee rights to NetWare server. Hi, We are currently testing a copy of Vertias Backup Exec 8.5 for NT/2000 (build 3572) and have sucessfully done several backups of Netware servers from the NT system both with ...

  1. BE 8.5 NT/2000 restoring trustee rights to NetWare server

    BE 8.5 NT/2000 restoring trustee rights to NetWare server.

    Hi,

    We are currently testing a copy of Vertias Backup Exec 8.5 for NT/2000 (build
    3572) and have sucessfully done several backups of Netware servers from the
    NT system both with and without the remote agent.

    Our problem is that we want to restore a test backup but can not find where
    the option to include/exclude trustee rights is located so when we restore
    at the moment we dont get the trustee rights restored back.

    Can someone point me in the right direction, i've looked through here yesterday
    and found nothing about this, also had a look at the faq and technotes sections
    but no joy!

    Regards
    Looby

    Lewis Collins
    WWAV Rapp Collins Group

  2. Re: BE 8.5 NT/2000 restoring trustee rights to NetWare server

    "Lewis Collins" wrote:

    >BE 8.5 NT/2000 restoring trustee rights to NetWare server.
    >
    >Hi,
    >
    >We are currently testing a copy of Vertias Backup Exec 8.5 for NT/2000 (build
    >3572) and have sucessfully done several backups of Netware servers from

    the
    >NT system both with and without the remote agent.
    >
    >Our problem is that we want to restore a test backup but can not find where
    >the option to include/exclude trustee rights is located so when we restore
    >at the moment we dont get the trustee rights restored back.
    >
    >Can someone point me in the right direction, i've looked through here yesterday
    >and found nothing about this, also had a look at the faq and technotes sections
    >but no joy!
    >
    >Regards
    >Looby
    >
    >Lewis Collins
    >WWAV Rapp Collins Group

    We are running a test very similar to yours. We are running a Backup Exec
    for NT server with the NetWare Agent. I've done restores of the data and
    the trustee rights were there. We've actually been trying to find a way to
    restore only the trustee assignments, and not the data.

    Also, we've noticed that restores from the NT server to a NetWare server
    is very slow; yet restores of data NT to NT runs at a normal rate. Have you
    experienced this?

  3. Re: BE 8.5 NT/2000 restoring trustee rights to NetWare server

    "Eric Williams" wrote:

    >"Lewis Collins" wrote:
    >>
    >>BE 8.5 NT/2000 restoring trustee rights to NetWare server.
    >>
    >>Hi,
    >>
    >>We are currently testing a copy of Vertias Backup Exec 8.5 for NT/2000

    (build
    >>3572) and have sucessfully done several backups of Netware servers from

    >the
    >>NT system both with and without the remote agent.
    >>
    >>Our problem is that we want to restore a test backup but can not find where
    >>the option to include/exclude trustee rights is located so when we restore
    >>at the moment we dont get the trustee rights restored back.
    >>
    >>Can someone point me in the right direction, i've looked through here yesterday
    >>and found nothing about this, also had a look at the faq and technotes

    sections
    >>but no joy!
    >>
    >>Regards
    >>Looby
    >>
    >>Lewis Collins
    >>WWAV Rapp Collins Group

    >We are running a test very similar to yours. We are running a Backup Exec
    >for NT server with the NetWare Agent. I've done restores of the data and
    >the trustee rights were there. We've actually been trying to find a way

    >restore only the trustee assignments, and not the data.
    >
    >Also, we've noticed that restores from the NT server to a NetWare server
    >is very slow; yet restores of data NT to NT runs at a normal rate. Have

    you
    >experienced this?

    Hi,

    to restore the trustee rights you have to check the box under Restore - Netware
    tab, the box is called Restore Volume Districtions. We aso didn´t find a
    way to restore only the trustees without the data. The restore on our Netware
    servers is very slow compared to the NT Servers.

    Regards,
    André

+ Reply to Thread