Unable to restore in Win2000 Pro - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Unable to restore in Win2000 Pro - Veritas Backup Exec ; I receive the following error when I attempt any restore. Restore Status Operation: Restore Backup of "C: " Backup set #17 on media #1 Backup description: "Set created 12/7/2000 at 10:51 AM" Restore started on 2/13/2001 at 8:50 AM. Error: ...

  1. Unable to restore in Win2000 Pro

    I receive the following error when I attempt any restore.

    Restore Status
    Operation: Restore

    Backup of "C: "
    Backup set #17 on media #1
    Backup description: "Set created 12/7/2000 at 10:51 AM"

    Restore started on 2/13/2001 at 8:50 AM.

    Error: The media in the drive must be erased before it can be used.
    Restore completed on 2/13/2001 at 8:52 AM.
    Directories: 2
    Files: 5
    Skipped: 1
    Time: 2 seconds

  2. Re: Unable to restore in Win2000 Pro

    When trying to restore, using MS BACKUP utility, under win2k Pro (USB STT6201u
    Seagate with 10/20 Travan),
    I receive the following error when I attempt any restore.

    >Error: The media in the drive must be erased before it can be used.

    Thanks for your help

    Rafael ALvarez

  3. Re: Unable to restore in Win2000 Pro

    How were the tapes created?

    "Rafael Alvarez" wrote:

    >When trying to restore, using MS BACKUP utility, under win2k Pro (USB STT6201u
    >Seagate with 10/20 Travan),
    >I receive the following error when I attempt any restore.
    >
    >>Error: The media in the drive must be erased before it can be used.

    >Thanks for your help
    >
    >Rafael ALvarez

  4. Re: Unable to restore in Win2000 Pro

    I get the same error message using Win 2k Server. I am using an
    STT2000A drive with 10/20 travan tapes. I can back up to the
    HDD with no problems. If I use a tape, it seems to back up the
    data, but always makes me erase the tape for a restore.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks,
    Chris Wagner

+ Reply to Thread