CoBESetup(298)(-2147023174) - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on CoBESetup(298)(-2147023174) - Veritas Backup Exec ; when I try to install remote agent on another computer (windows 2000 A server) I receive this error: Error creating object on \\server with \\server\user CoBESetup(298)(-2147023174) anybody?...

  1. CoBESetup(298)(-2147023174)

    when I try to install remote agent on another computer (windows 2000 A
    server)

    I receive this error:

    Error creating object on \\server with \\server\user

    CoBESetup(298)(-2147023174)

    anybody?

  2. Re: CoBESetup(298)(-2147023174)

    I find the easiest thing to do is bring the CD to the remote machine and
    install the agent directly. Look for setupaa.cmd on the cd.

    Charles Villa

    "msnews.microsoft.com" wrote in message
    > when I try to install remote agent on another computer (windows 2000 A
    > server)
    >
    > I receive this error:
    >
    > Error creating object on \\server with \\server\user
    >
    > CoBESetup(298)(-2147023174)
    >

    > anybody?

  3. Re: CoBESetup(298)(-2147023174)

    "msnews.microsoft.com" wrote:
    >when I try to install remote agent on another computer (windows 2000 A
    >server)
    >
    >I receive this error:
    >
    >Error creating object on \\server with \\server\user
    >
    >CoBESetup(298)(-2147023174)
    >

    >anybody?
    >
    >I got this same problem. Does anyone have a solution?

  4. Re: CoBESetup(298)(-2147023174)

    have a look at: http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/191579.htm

    may with that information you can find the error-source.....
    btw what BE version you have?

    regards

    Werner

    "pam" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

    > "msnews.microsoft.com" wrote:
    > >when I try to install remote agent on another computer (windows 2000 A
    > >server)
    > >
    > >I receive this error:
    > >
    > >Error creating object on \\server with \\server\user
    > >
    > >CoBESetup(298)(-2147023174)
    > >

    > >anybody?
    > >
    > >I got this same problem. Does anyone have a solution?

+ Reply to Thread