Two BENT questions. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on Two BENT questions. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Hello. Currently I have BENT backing up 3 servers: a PDC, BDC, and a File Server. Last week I demoted the PDC to a BDC (changing it's name in the process) and put up a new PDC (giving it the ...

  1. Two BENT questions.

    Hello.

    Currently I have BENT backing up 3 servers: a PDC, BDC, and a File Server.
    Last week I demoted the PDC to a BDC (changing it's name in the process)
    and put up a new PDC (giving it the same name as the previos PDC). The previous
    PDC had a C and D drive, but the current one only has a C drive. However,
    BENT still tries to back up the D drive because the new PDC has the same
    name as the old one did. I can't unselect this drive in the 'selections'
    tab because it's not there anymore. Is there any way to tell BENT to stop
    trying to back up the D drive without recreating the job definition?

    Also, I only have a license for 3 remote server agents, but last week I was
    able to back up 4 remote servers in one job. I just tried it out of curiousity,
    and it worked. Does anyone know why?

    Thanks!

  2. Re: Two BENT questions.

    Try clicking on "text" from the selections box. I have run into problems like
    this with all versions of BENT. The Graphic screen shows a server is not
    selected but if I check the Text screen there is a path statement..

    Worth a try.

    Clark

    "Terry" wrote:

    >Hello.
    >
    >Currently I have BENT backing up 3 servers: a PDC, BDC, and a File Server.
    > Last week I demoted the PDC to a BDC (changing it's name in the process)
    >and put up a new PDC (giving it the same name as the previos PDC). The

    previous
    >PDC had a C and D drive, but the current one only has a C drive. However,
    >BENT still tries to back up the D drive because the new PDC has the same
    >name as the old one did. I can't unselect this drive in the 'selections'
    >tab because it's not there anymore. Is there any way to tell BENT to stop
    >trying to back up the D drive without recreating the job definition?
    >
    >Also, I only have a license for 3 remote server agents, but last week I

    was
    >able to back up 4 remote servers in one job. I just tried it out of curiousity,
    >and it worked. Does anyone know why?
    >
    >Thanks!

  3. Re: Two BENT questions.

    On the Selections tab, click on Text version, highlight the D drive line and
    click Delete.

    As long as you have the remote agent installed on your backup exec server
    you can backup as many remote servers as you want. There's no way to enforce
    it, but you should be licensed for the amount of remote servers you are backing
    up.
    >"Clark" wrote:
    >
    >Try clicking on "text" from the selections box. I have run into problems

    like
    >this with all versions of BENT. The Graphic screen shows a server is not
    >selected but if I check the Text screen there is a path statement..
    >
    >Worth a try.
    >
    >Clark
    >

    >"Terry" wrote:
    >>
    >>Hello.
    >>
    >>Currently I have BENT backing up 3 servers: a PDC, BDC, and a File Server.
    >> Last week I demoted the PDC to a BDC (changing it's name in the process)
    >>and put up a new PDC (giving it the same name as the previos PDC). The

    >previous
    >>PDC had a C and D drive, but the current one only has a C drive. However,
    >>BENT still tries to back up the D drive because the new PDC has the same
    >>name as the old one did. I can't unselect this drive in the 'selections'
    >>tab because it's not there anymore. Is there any way to tell BENT to stop
    >>trying to back up the D drive without recreating the job definition?
    >>
    >>Also, I only have a license for 3 remote server agents, but last week I

    >was
    >>able to back up 4 remote servers in one job. I just tried it out of curiousity,
    >>and it worked. Does anyone know why?
    >>
    >>Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread