System?state error. - Veritas Backup Exec

This is a discussion on System?state error. - Veritas Backup Exec ; Still no luck people. I am posting this again in hopes that someone has figured this out. This has to be an issue with the software. I have spent HOURS trying to get this to work. The problem is that ...

  1. System?state error.

    Still no luck people. I am posting this again in hopes that someone has figured
    this out. This has to be an issue with the software. I have spent HOURS trying
    to get this to work. The problem is that this is the most important server
    on the network and must be backed up. Can someone recomend an alternate way
    to cover myself? I need to back that server up some how even if its done
    manual each day. Can someone recomend Some backup software that actualy works
    with Win2k? I have used Bent for years. I normaly figure something out but
    this has me stumped. Veritas is not helping AT ALL and have left me to die.
    Here are the facts again:

    Bent v 8.50 on standalone win2k box.

    Backing up 3 win2k servers in there own Domain.

    System?state error on the PDC only of that domain.

    PDC is running active directory. I cant set a local accounts. Active directory
    disables local accounts.

    I have a backup exec user created in that domain. He has full admin rights.
    I can log in with him.

    I have a local account with the same credentials and name/password on the
    stand alone Bent server (local account). I log in with it. All the services
    are using it as well.

    I have deleted the Bewin file 5 times. I can backup all the other servers
    fine but still cant get to the system?state.

    These servers do not show up under Servers. I have to manual add them as
    shares to get to the data. The System state shows up and I can select it.

    Unable to attach to System?state
    ^^^^^

    Thank you for any help.

    Clark

  2. Re: System?state error. If everything else fails

    Since BENT isn't working, try using NTbackup to backup the system state to a
    file. Capture the file in the regular BENT backup.

    Charles Villa

    "Clark" wrote in message

    > Still no luck people. I am posting this again in hopes that someone has

    figured
    > this out. This has to be an issue with the software. I have spent HOURS

    trying
    > to get this to work. The problem is that this is the most important server
    > on the network and must be backed up. Can someone recomend an alternate

    way
    > to cover myself? I need to back that server up some how even if its done
    > manual each day. Can someone recomend Some backup software that actualy

    works
    > with Win2k? I have used Bent for years. I normaly figure something out but
    > this has me stumped. Veritas is not helping AT ALL and have left me to

    die.
    > Here are the facts again:
    >
    > Bent v 8.50 on standalone win2k box.
    >
    > Backing up 3 win2k servers in there own Domain.
    >
    > System?state error on the PDC only of that domain.
    >
    > PDC is running active directory. I cant set a local accounts. Active

    directory
    > disables local accounts.
    >
    > I have a backup exec user created in that domain. He has full admin

    rights.
    > I can log in with him.
    >
    > I have a local account with the same credentials and name/password on the
    > stand alone Bent server (local account). I log in with it. All the

    services
    > are using it as well.
    >
    > I have deleted the Bewin file 5 times. I can backup all the other servers
    > fine but still cant get to the system?state.
    >
    > These servers do not show up under Servers. I have to manual add them as
    > shares to get to the data. The System state shows up and I can select it.
    >

    > Unable to attach to System?state
    > ^^^^^
    >
    > Thank you for any help.
    >
    > Clark

  3. Re: System?state error. If everything else fails

    Good idea. I just set NTbackup to do just that. I must say. NTbackup has come
    along way.

    Clark

+ Reply to Thread